Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
musky_hunter

business trip

7 posts in this topic

I am coming to Apple valley Sept 7-10 for some business training. I will be pretty busy until late in the afternoon on the 9th I would love to get some fishing in a new state. I have a spinning rod and real that I could fit in my suite case and I would love to target some pike but i don't really care that much. I am staying at the crowne plaza in eagan I will not have a car so if there is anywhere that I could walk to. any info would be greatly appreciated. thank You

Joe

Hey muskyhunter aka sharkhunter,

I think you would get alot better info if you posted this in a more specific forum. I don't even know which forum to recommend, but someone here will point you in the right direction.

Help? Anyone? smirk.gif

ummmmmm well there is lac lavon in apple valley. there is a pier with a pretty decent pike population... morning and night is by far the best, you can see the fish jumping out of the water

MH is that the hotel on Pilot Knob? If so there is a pond about a mile down the road from where you'll be at. It's in between Unisys and Lockheed Martin back by the rec center. Let me know if thats the right hotel or not and I'll figure something out.

yes it is on pilot knob. I am looking at a map. what is the name of the lake you are thinking of? Thanks for your help.

Joe

I am sure it has a name but I have no idea what it is. I just remembered there is another pond on the other side of Pilot knob as well. Both of them are about 1/2 a block south of Lone Oak road on Pilot Knob. The East side one is behind some apartments with a park right there as well. This one might be called Hilltop Pond, not exactly sure though.

The west side one is a 1/2 block down the road on the north side of Lockheed Martin. It's right next to the rec center back there with walking paths around the whole thing I think.

Also there is Lemay Lake which is on Lone Oak rd right behind Lemay Lake Apartments. That one is very shallow however but the DNR says they stock it so there should be fish in there.

Thank you for the info. I will let you all know how the fishing was.