• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

did i make a bad choice?

Kodiak

I bought my first compound this year for deer hunting, i have hunted deer with shotgun and rifle my whole life and wanted to give archery a whirl. I got the Diamond Rapture, i thought i would get it because it was made by bowtec and the price wasnt 600 dollars just for the bow either. I shoot pretty good with it for being a extreme archery novice. opinions?

Sounds like a fine choice to me. I'e heard good things about that line. Hope you like the way it shoots. Thats all that matters! $$$ doesn't always mean its the best.

Take the Remington 870. One of the best duck/pheasant/deer slayers ever made and you can pick one up for just over $200 or you can spend $1,000 plus on a Benelli, which is NICE. But the 870 sure does the trick.

You will do just fine with the bow you bought.Just do alot of pratice and get so you have confidence in your shots and know your shooting range.You can harvest a deer with a 100 dollar rifle or a 1000 dollar rifle and you also can miss with both.

One day when you decide that you like archery and think you then would like a bow that shoots flatter or faster or quieter,then buy another.

I shoot the same amount of deer today as I did 20 years ago and changed alot of equipment.The bow I shot 10 years ago is still being used by a friend of my sons and he still gets deer with it.

Pratice,pratice,pratice and you will do just fine.Good luck this fall and have fun. smile.gif

i have bow hunted for 7 years now. i got a hand me down bow. and this year desided to buy a new bow. i bought the same bow you just bought. have been out shootin alot and love the bow. i am shootin very tight groups. it just depends on the time and practice you put into sighting in the bow. cant wait for the season to go head to head with a deer.

iceman

Chuck --

You are right on with the 870. It just can't be beat. Think about the wingmaster. It is fancy and shines, but ducks and geese don't like fancy or glare in their eyes. The express is a great gun. I have a beneli I won and my 870 express.

as stated... your bow is fine!... practice and enjoy the woods... Once you get into archer.. you may give up most other hunting all together!!!

Perfect practice makes perfect- remember that! You can practice with bad stance or lining the bow up wrong everytime- but that won't help you "in the moment."

A bow is a bow, it is your practice and commitment to being a good archer that will allow you to get a deer. A little scouting and luck to helps grin.gif No need to get caught up in the "is my bow a good bow" now that you have one.

Practice shots at 10-40 yards and get real good at this. It isn't the bow that you will be yelling at when you miss that 1st deer.

I wish you luck this year and hope you get that 1st deer w/ bow- it's a huge rush!

It will be fine. Remember originaly bows just had a string and a stick. My dad started getting bored with "those wheeled bows" as he put it. He went to recurves, then started making his own straight bows. They aren't fancy but he did take it deer hunting a few years back. He got pretty accurate with those little sticks and strings.

So just remember the fancy equipment doesn't always mean everything laugh.gif

I really like the Diamond line, in fact I bought one myself. The Rapture is a great bow for the price in my opinion. Practice practice practice. Good luck to you.

Quote:

It isn't the bow that you will be yelling at when you miss that 1st deer.

Nopes its the tremmers you have in your hands that you will be yelling at! laugh.gif