Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
picksbigwagon

west metro bass?

16 posts in this topic

been pretty quiet around here....anyone catching anything?

I've been spending a bit of time around the Annandale area and just south of there. It has been slow lately I must say. Been trying to incorporate a few newer techniques, Jigs, Carolina rigs, drop shots, and deep cranks, basically last couple weeks have been a work in progress. Did catch my 1st decent bass on a drop shot out of 17 fow last night. I agree, the west metro postings have been fairly non existant lately. Any Bass bite going on over at Waconia? Haven't heard much myself.

Slow on my end as well. SW Burbs(lakes in eden prarie on out). Lots of fish, but size has been sub-par. Most of the action coming towards sundown.

we're heading to Odowd tonight, we'll see what happens

Been doing pretty good lately as long as I am fishing near sunset, make a big difference. Theres a few good spots where I am fishing where I have fished hard for over an hour during the day without much if any luck, but then when I go back at sunset, BAM they are there. Shallow weeds/holes in the weeds at sunset with plastics has been working good. Caught many in the last week, 2 over 4lbs. on my scale, I dont have a ruler, gotta get me one of dem. Good Luck.

My buddy was just out O'dowd last night...said it was very slow. I was there a week ago, and it was slow, but I got my bites around the two islands in deeper water. There are some real pigs in that lake, so it is always worth a shot!

where else in the Prior lake 25 mile radius should we head too?

well, Odowd was pretty quiet....caught 3 bass, one good northern that took us by surprise...... I need to hit that lake again with a little more time on my hands...after I untangle that nasty birdsnest in my baitcaster, ughhhhh

The bite is still surprisingly slow. I am surprised, since the surface temp has cooled significantly the past week. Give it another week, and it will really be ON then. smile.gif

That's good to know, daycare opens again next week, I will be out there for sure next week a couple days

Went musky fishing on Tonka last night and all I got was a bunch of big bass. 10ft depth weed lines and throw big spinnerbaits - 1 oz or more. Silver willow blades were the ticket. Ratchet up your tackle as eveyone of them dove straight into the weeds and I dragged in another 5lbs of salad with every fish.

How about a tape measure for starters. You must have one of them laying around.

Bass are still going good as far as I can tell, I have had the best luck of the year the last 6 days. Many over 4lbs, biggest 6. Sunset, weeds, very close to shore, and blue/dark powerbait. Will get out tonight if its not raining and see how the storms effect things.

Good Luck.

Anyone been out to Minnetonka? I got a tourney coming up soon help is appreciated

Fished tonka in June with some luck around excelsior using 5" plastics, nothing to write home about. Tried rattle traps, but caught too many northern that way. I have caught plenty of 1-2lb LM on Christmas this summer. Met a guy who eats everything he catches out there and catches plenty of the same I've been catching.

A couple buddy's of mine have been hitting the west bays of tonka lately for ski's and have caught hand full of nice Bass (3-5 lbders) using black and silver Bucktails. Not that that really helps you alot but since I personally haven't been on the lake that's the best I can do. Good luck at your tourney though. smirk.gif