Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
83walleye

Installing permanent gas tank - can I do it?

6 posts in this topic

I run an '85 17' Yar-craft - floor is bad and I've pulled it. Stringers look real good. Very clean below deck. I intend to replace the floor and want to install a below deck fuel tank - maybe 20 gallons or so i run a 75 Merc tiller - while the floor is out. Any number of different tanks are available online - fittings including vent, fill hose, and outlet to transom installation will be addressed.

Where would you start if you were going to complete this job? I've a pretty good idea, but would appreciate comments from any who've done this job before.

I'm in the same boat.....I am ripped down to the alluminum stringers in my boat I have marine plywood and I'm debating whether to raise the floor so I can run the fuel line under the floor, also if I raise the floor my plywood would reach each side of the boat if I lay it flat on the stringers it comes up short with a cap for things to fall in...

Anyway where did you find the tanks? I'm thinking 12 gallons would be perfect..

dartmasterhd at yahoo

Thanks PIER....

eBay. But I haven't heard from Valv yet - I bet he's got a few knocking around...

Cabela's also has the gas tank kits. I am thinking about doing the same to my 16' Lund.

Quote:

eBay. But I haven't heard from Valv yet - I bet he's got a few knocking around...

Thanks 83walleye,. I was just watching the "evolution" of this thread, until somebody mentions a price, then I would have stepped in. Unofrtunately I don't have many tanks right now, I am actually cleaned up except for a couple or 3 which I can give away if somebody buys a gauge and wiring harness....

What kind of dimensions do you have? 15-20 gallons, kind of low and flat would be best for me.