Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
McGurk

Week after Labor day...

10 posts in this topic

My extended family and In-laws are going up to Dead Lake for a long weekend of Sept 8/9/10/11 and I was wondering of there are any towns having their festivals then. Does Battle Lake still have their Flea Market after Labor Day? Just thought the ladies would like to get out for a bit (and we can get on the lake!!!) Thanks!

Dalton should be having their festival that weekend. Very cool with all the old steam engines and tractors.

Sorry, but the BL flea market is no more. They are going to be breaking ground on a new assisted living facility there. I have seen signs that there is a flea market in Vining, but I don't know if be after Labor Day.

As far as I know, Detriot Lakes has a Flea Market every Sunday (right on hwy 59)?

I was in the area last weekend 11th & 12th, Battle Lake had a huge craft show as we drove through town on saturday, so I think you may have dodged the bullet and saved some money there!! Ottertail also had the Otterfest last weekend too, so those two towns are probably done celebrating for the year!! Good Luck

Thanks for the responses, and these ladies getting squirrelly around the cabin isn't worth saving a little money. grin.gif If nothing else, there's always an evening of fine dining and dancing at the Triple Play!

I think that Flea market moved to Vinning. I heard it isn't in Battle lake anymore. I will be on East Battle the week of Labor day. Ever fish that lake? Should I pull Rapala's?

I fish it all the time, except after Labor Day.

Huntin' season takes precedence once Labor Day rolls around.. grin.gif

Honestly, if you pull Raps or any cranks, you will get more hammer handles than you could ever wish for. Please keep your limits and try some pickled pike or something. Perfect size for pickling, and you will be doing the lake a favor. laugh.gif

You must be talking about the early goose season. I have talked to people, Hard to get a hunting spot unless you hunt water.

Good luck.

I believe it is testicle festival in Dent on the 9th.

I forgot all about the Testicle Festival; I can only hope that it will fall on that weekend! I've never attended, but heard great things about it, maybe this will be the year. Thanks!