• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hows the bass fishin going up in PR haven't been up for a couple of weeks so just wondering how the largies and smallies are biting and what are they biting on.

Brad

Bass Fishing has been great. There was a bass fishing tourney on Saturday on Fish Hook Lake. The first place team had a five fish limit, weighing 20+ lbs. The wind was tuff that day, but still lots of fish.

Sounds good! I'll be up on Eagle, Island and Potato this weekend. I'm guessing the best bite for LM will be deep, can anyone confirm that?

Nels

Hey Leechman... I heard some thing about that tournament u were talking about.. Like the scale wouldnt zero and it just wasnt working right so no one really know if that weight was right??? True or False?? I think my soucre is good but just wanted to hear what u had to say.

I've just added a pictire with my son and I. We caught these bass in about two hours. We brought them back to shore for a picture and then let them go. Caught them in 10feet of water, on jig worm.

yea i heard it was a joke kinda.. So was just wondering thanks..... You Jig wormen on Fish Hook??

Jig worm fished on the weed edge is a very effectivve way of catch lots of bass on the hook, it is also the way i caught my largest fish hook largemouth at just over 21" IN POST COLD FRONT conditions. the 4" gulp turtle back worm is a very good choice in both junebug and black. also a very good way to catch pressured walleyes. Jonah

Hey Jonah,

hows it going I was just wondering if you ever get out throwing some topwater for some lm bass. I know its not like seeing that big explosion from a muskie but it is still a very good time. I get my bro archery1 out there from time to time. If you ever want to go out maybe you can give me and my bro some pointers on catching some eyes on Potato, before you go back to school. I will stop in to Northern here next weekend if you are working, shoot the (Contact Us Please) alittle bit.

Brad

Just got back from God's country yesterday. I fished mostly on Eagle because the water was so low that I could barely get my boat through the channels. I've never seen it that low.

The bass and crappie fishing was very slow. I tried everything and every depth. It didn't help that a high pressure system moved through Friday night.

The northerns bit good on Monday.

We never tried for walleyes because I had heard that bite was even worse.

Hopefully things will improve by Labor Day wknd.

Nels

I have tried fishing eagle before with no luck, what are you using? I have very good luck on Potato, I use a scum frog in the pads and reeds and that usually produces very well. Lately I have been getting them right on the pad or reed line. I will be up this weekend I will let you know how the bass fishin goes.

Brad

i like using buzz baits as a search bait in and near classic top water stucture. works fast and fun to see fish blow up on. JOnah