• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any help would be much appreciated... I'm going to try for muskies this weekend on Lobster. What kind of structer, lures, colors produce this time of year on the lake? Never been on it myself. Many thanks to any help at all!

[email protected]

I plan on going out on Thursday so if I find something I'll let you know. I was out there last Wednesday and missed 2 (still haven't learned to keep my hooks razor sharp yet but now I have) One was shallow around 6 foot and one was deep around 17 foot. Should know more after Thursday.

I was out on Lobster today from 1-5pm. I threw the Lakewood and thensome at them but didn't see much of anything going on, but haven't had much luck with anything muskie wise for the past month. At least the water temps are going down! Looking forward to the fall feedbag!

I was out on Lobster yesterday from 1500-2230 and had one hit I know was a muskie if it wasn't amuskie it was a big big northern deep right in the weeds the first spot I hit with in about 30 minute of starting to fish and one swing and a miss on a topraider at around 2115 that I couldn't get to come back for anythig else and that was it.

It gets hit pretty hard but there's alot of place to fish on that lake form my experience the size range is anywhere from 35" to 52" there's quite a few around the 39-43 mark. Most of my fishing is done early morning I usually get out there by 0500 and leave around 1000-1200 there's isn't to many out at that time but once the day progress there can get to be alot of fishermen out there. I don't even fish it on the weekends so I can't tell you what those are like.

Was out Thursday from 2-10 pm. Not so much as a follow. Pressure, pressure???? There is no such thing as a non pressured lake in MN any more. Wish there were a couple more lakes in the Alexandria area stocked with muskies. Yes this lake gets hit hard, so does miltona. Seems lobster is really on the funk this year. A couple locals I know havn't even caught a muskie this year frown.gif

WhiteWolf... 1500-2230? Not working mid-shift. "topraider at around 2115" I knew without a Bio check that I was reading a fire-fighter or cop. And since one of my best tournament partners is a fire-fight and has trouble catching fish blush.gif and your photo shows you holding a fish, I figured you were a cop grin.gif Next time you head to Lobster drop me an e-mail if you like, I live on the lake and jockeyed squads for a number of years. 6647 any badge numbers in there?

Of course there's a badge number in there. That was actually my day off and I've never fished that lake in the evening so I figured it would be a good time to try it. Yeah I'll drop you an e-mail I'm always looking for a fishing partner and nobody in my area fish muskies so it would be great. Yeah I've caught a couple in my 2.5 years of fishing those toothy critters but this year has been slow plus I haven't gotten out as much as I would like to but that will all change when the kid goes back to day care in September so watch out muskies!!

Fished it sat from 5 am-2pm never seen a fish. Went to Miltona fished our normal milk route...not even a follow. Only make it out a couple times a year...doesn't help my odds does it. Have to try it in fall I guess.

I think a lot of the poor fishing might have to do with the super super warm water temps we were experiencing in Central MN with smaller lake temps 85+ and the larger lakes scooting right around 80. When the water gets that warm, the fish are stressed out and I think that is why the muskie fishing has been so slow. And agreed, there is tons of pressure on them as well, but it seems it was just as bad last year. I think we can thank Scheels in St. Cloud for carrying a gazillion Muskie lures lol....I love the place!

I will be on the water this Friday afternoon/evening, I haven't been on Lobster yet this year, probably cause this is my first time at the cabin all summer. Anyway if any of you are out and see a little yellow 14' boat stop by and say hi.

RU