Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
montana

Help

8 posts in this topic

Ok I have been following this page for a long time. Following all advice like its religion. CANNOT FIND A WALLEYE NORTH OF THE CAUSEWAY AM I CURSED????????? Nothing seems to work????? I will be up next week 8/19/06 anyone want to take pitty on me and give me a few tips (marks on maps) in person. I have been coming to rainy lake since I was a little boy and have been fishing it hard for five years(at least 3 weeeks a year) Please help a fellow out

any and all comments will be greatly appreciated

I am going to be up there at the same time as you, we don't make it as far as Sand Bay, but we almost make it that far. We usually fish between the Brule and just east of Blueberry island. If you are interested, I could put you on the spots I know in that area (for that matter, if you would want, you could join our 6 boat fishing party as we venture out each day... time depends on what happened the night before blush.gif, but I am usually pretty faithful to 7 AM). We stay on the SW corner of Finlander Island. There are a few guys that know the lake really well that I will be fishing with that could perhaps help you out around Sand Bay(?), but I am not familiar with that area. IF you would like to fish with us for a day, for just Friday, the whole weekend...etc. My name is Ben. Just show up at the campsite and ask for me.

By the way, we will be up there Thursday evening and fish through Sat.

I saw a bunch of them but they were on the highway North of Pickle Lake, Ontario. It seems one of the truck drivers forgot to seal up the back of the semi-truck leaving Lower-Windigo Lake and a few crates fell out, ice and all.

Needless to say, we ate well that night! First time I ever had road kill walleye.

ALAT,

That is a sweet beach on Finlander's SE side. If you ever run low on leeches just stand out near your boat in the sand. after a few minutes the leeches will start swimming under the shadow of the boat.

Who can say NO to Free Bait!

That is a sweet beach! SHHHHHHH! Thanks for the info on the free bait. I will have to check it out.

Wow thats great road kill walleye. All we get around here is Moose and Deer. FWP lets you pick them up if they are fresh but you have to give some of the meat to the needy.

wow I thanks for the offer but our outpost(cabin) is north of the causeway about 20 minutes and this lake is so big that I have not been any farther east that mermaid rock. I guess that I like the solitude. Anyways I bought a bunch of new flies so if I get frustrated I am going to try my luck with pike and bass on the fly(trout are so lame)!!!!!

cool.gif