• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fox Lake Muskies

Anyone been out chasing Ski's? I should be heading down to that area next weekend, just wondering if it is worth trailering the boat over to Fox.

I have not been out and tried myself but I have heard of people getting some in the mid 40's.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't either, and I am not sure if my trip down there is going to happen, I have been doing good on Tonka & Mille Lacs so I might just stick with what works.

I don't think they get much for pressure, spirit and Okaboji are probably far better and worth the drive.

I will post a report if I do end up heading to Fox.

I'm heading down there tomorrow afternoon. If anyone in the area wants to join me, I have room for one person. Also going to try it Thursday.

Hey lonewolf how's it been going. If you don't remember me i talked with you out on west lake last fall. Anyway west has been hot the last couple weeks. There was supposedly 2 50" fish cpr'd this last weekend. I personally caught 3 ( 37, 40, and 41 )last week. I'm interested it how you do on Fox i wanted to get there over this last weekend but it just didn't work out.

Hey 690VS, I remember talking with you last fall. How's it going? It's been kind of a busy summer for me. Working a lot of overtime, haven't done much muskie fishing lately. Going to try Fox Lake today and tomorrow morning. I'm also planning on taking the girlfriend camping/fishing on the 15th. We are going to be on West Okoboji or Big Spirit. Hopefully she can catch her first muskie. Maybe we'll see you out there again. I'll let you know how I do on Fox Lake when I get back.

That's the weekend of the chapter tournament east, west and spirit will have 50 boats between them. Depending on the bite on where the most boats will be. It's been a good year so far i've got 18 with 10 on spirit and 8 on west with a 47 being the biggest for me this year. I'm really interested in what's going on on fox.I'll keep you informed on what's going on down here.

Hello i fish all the time on fox only live 10 mins from fox. i fish in a 18ft tuffy tiller. fox has been ok for the most part but i hear all kinds of guys telling me they been getting 50" on there and i know the 50" are in there but i never see the boats hitting the good spot for the huge fish. i have at a min 300hr this year on that lake and only have 5 fish over 45. last year in open water we c.p.r. a 49 3/4 fish and a few solid 48s. WATER TEMP HAS TO RIGHT OR NO FISH. hey 690vs mark mitchel has my muskie photo from last saturday ask him to show it to you

Caught three muskies. A 44.5" on Wednesday afternoon, a 43" on Thursday morning and a 34" on Thursday morning. Best day of fishing I've had in a long time. smile.gif I'm really hoping that my girlfriend can catch one next weekend or at least get to see one follow.

Wow lonewolf that's a great little trip, anytime you can get 3 in an afternoon and morning you got to feel pretty good man.I got a 41 on west wednesday but haven't gotten out since.Hey widslure so you know Mitchell, who else do you know from down here and do you fish these lakes much.

hey 690vs fished fox today and got 1 40" for my brothers first muskie ever he so hooked on it now. i know a few guys pretty good. krogman aka froggy or dennis heidibrink. i used to live in worthington for a couple of years. met a new guy over in mason city for a spring tune up tourny this spring dick manske he's a very nice guy. other than that not to many other musky hunters.

• 3 weeks later...

Any reports coming from Fox. I live over by Marshall and am tired of making some long drives up to Mille Lacs. Thinking of heading to Fox. Lonewolf how have you done this year? I see you are from the Marshall area.

Thanks

I was on Fox Lake all day on Friday. Didn't do very good. Not even a follow. It's nice to see that there are other muskie hunters in the Marshall area. It's been a slow year for me, so far. Haven't been out much this summer. My brother and I are heading up to the Longville area this weekend. Should be good. It's a full moon this weekend. Do you live in Marshall?

I was on fox Sunday from 7am till 2pm seen two small fish. Boy the boat ramp is shallow so if you have a bunk trailer like mine be ready to back your truck all the way in the water.

Wolf,

No I live in the Tyler area. My brother and I have really gotten into the hunt the past few years. Mille Lacs has been our key lake this year. Ya it's good to see other musky guys around here. We may have to get together for an outing sometime.