• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Muzzy's

EatSleepFish

have been browsing posts from years back and have noticed that a few folks are saying that muzzys will fly inconsistent with carbon arrows vs. aluminums. I would like to buy muzzys for this bear and deer season but do not want to buy $30 worth of broadheads to find they do not fly right with my bow. my question is has anyone had problems with muzzys flight patterns with carbon arrows ?, if so which broadhead have you found best? I shoot a 2006 Hoyt, set at 50 lbs. with beman ICS hunter 400's. 100 gr. field tips

I will say that I have used Muzzies for years and have never had a flight problem with these broadheads.I have used them on both carbon and alum. and will probably never change.

Actually I had a problen with them when I switched arrows. I shoot the Easton Axis now from aluminum and I found them to be very inconsistant. Switched over to a smaller profile head and problem solved. Don't get me wrong Muzzy is still my favorite, I shot them for 10 years prior, just couldn't get them to fly right with my setup. You might be just fine though.

I don't think people are saying there is a flight problem with Muzzy's. It's just that broadheads in genereal(not just Muzzy's) don't always fly the same as field points. There is a ton of info about bow tuning at your finger tips. My broadheads would hit just to the left and a little lower than my field points, but to be honest, I just sited my bow in using broadheads to solve that problem.

Interesting question. I spent a hour at the range today shooting FPs, Muzzy 100 3-blade BHs and Rocky Mountian 100 Turbo BHs. The Muzzy BHs flew pretty well...just a few inches lower than my regular FPs. The Turbo's flew the same as the FPs. The difference between the two was so small that I am not too worried about it. So, to answer your question, for me, yes the Muzzy BHs flew a little different but not enough for me to care.