Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ahc667

Crane Muskies & Pike

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I'm going to be heading up to Crane for the first time in early September. I want to target Muskies and large Pike. I love these species like a dog owner loves dogs, so I'm strictly catch and release. You can bet that any fish I catch will be put back for you all to catch another day. Can anyone point me in the right direction on where these fish can be found on Crane? Any techniques and patterns would also be appreciated. I'd also like to know what the water clarity and color is up there, so I can prepare on which baits to bring.

I didn't think crane had any muskies.

Crane does have Muskies. Although I don't know how many. If you look up some of the Crane Lake Resorts they have pictures of them that were caught on the lake. I sure hope they move into Nam and Kab eventually!

Can anyone point me in the right direction on where these fish can be found on Crane? Any techniques and patterns would also be appreciated. I'd also like to know what the water clarity and color is up there, so I can prepare on which baits to bring. Is fishing usually pretty good up there for the Pike?

I would call up to Pine Point on Crane or Nelsons Resort and ask them they should be full of knowledge about this subject.

Thanks Dock Boy