Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iffwalleyes

Mobile web how cool is this.

6 posts in this topic

I am making my 1800 post and i am doing it from my cell phone of all places. Got to love mobile web. Talk about never having to be out of touch now.

Isn't technology great. I haven't tried it with my phone but I do have a broadband card from verizon for my laptop. So anywhere I have signal with my phone I can go online with my laptop. Nothing like goin down the road and surfin the net. And no I do not do it while I am driving.

Do you need to pay for a special service with your Verizon broadband card or does it just use regular minutes off your phone plan?

I have the verizon card too and I love it! Each company has them now. The verizon is unlimited broadband a month for $50 or so. It has its own plan for the card, kinda like a totally seperate cell phone. The good news is most people pay $50 for Highspeed internet at home, but if you have a laptop why not pay the same $50 and take it anywhere you want all the time.

Quote:

I have the verizon card too and I love it! Each company has them now. The verizon is unlimited broadband a month for $50 or so. It has its own plan for the card, kinda like a totally seperate cell phone. The good news is most people pay $50 for Highspeed internet at home, but if you have a laptop why not pay the same $50 and take it anywhere you want all the time.

Actually there is a way to hook up your phone to your laptop and can use it the same way the card works. Except it only uses minutes, no extra fee. It's called tethering and the phone companies do not like it blush.gif

Try a google search on mobile phone tethering. wink.gif

Dtro, I googled it with no success, I have the data cable for my phone. Could you explain more on how to do this? maybe drop me a line by e-mail if you dont wanna post it.

william (dot) titus (at) mnsu (dot) edu