Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

Team Otter

I have spent much of the day hanging with the family and watching it rain but I also had a chance to glance at the calendar. Wow, September, October and November are not far away and with that comes the most exciting time of the year for me! Fishing is my passion and there is nothing better than doing it in the fall! I am really looking forward to the bite in this area as well as the bites on Gull, Mille Lacs, and Winnie. I look forward to cool mornings, "sweatshirt afternoons" and night-time trolling. It's time to start preparing for some great fall outings and I hope to see many of you on the water or in my boat!

Fishin4Life

I agree TO, only thing I don't look forward to is wet pant legs when you slip putting the boat in grin.gif

Otherwise the scenery around the lakes along with the beautiful weather and a few nice fish make if for a great time of year.

harvey lee

Also one needs to go pheasant ,duck,deer,and turkey hunting.Its a busy time of the year. smile.gifIts what I wait for all year,the fall season. smile.gif

SpecialK

Yep I agree. I seriously need to find some pheasants as well! Fishing this time of year is what it's all about for me.

I REALLY gotta get moving on the lights for the boat, the sun is going to start setting earlier soon...

Team Otter

I'm more partial to the fishing but hunting is an option too I guess. grin.gif

harvey lee

Otter,one does not have to be partial to either,just do them all.One can fish and hunt all IF one has the time.I am lucky enough to have the time and a wife that says go.How can you beat that? smile.gif

Matt Johnson

The fall walleye fishing down in your area is tough to beat! Last fall was a lot of fun! I'm sure going to miss not being in the area this fall frown.gif But I still plan on making a few trips down that way wink.gif

eyepatrol

Fall fishing? I've never done it before, ever. You can always find me at home around noon on the weekends plucking big Canada geese, woodies, mallards, and divers. grin.gif

That may change this year though. Goose hunting is very very good around here, but the ducks just seem to keep disappearing. So I may just wreak some havoc on fish this fall, or at least give them a chance to laugh at my presentation. wink.gif

Team Otter

That can't be beat.

Team Otter

Eric, it has been a long time since I've seen a "?" behind fall fishing. smirk.gif You need to rethink the waterfowl hunting and start chasing 'eyes. Maybe we'll be able to curve your way of thinking on October 14. grin.gif

eyepatrol

It'll be a start. smile.gif

efgh

Anyone who misses the fall bite is just too busy, squeeze in a couple of days and you will be hooked. B.C. probley would forget all about those ducks and geese.

Team Otter

The goose hunting, for me is in December, so they will have to wait. grin.gif

Eric, you're welcome to hop in with me again on October 14.

eyepatrol

Ahhh....ducks and geese. That's one thing I could never forget. It's been molded into my blood. smile.gif A walleye or two to mix things up would sure be nice though. wink.gif

eyepatrol

Now you know I can't refuse that offer TO! grin.gif Same boat rig or different one by then? wink.gif Just curious how that's going, if it is still going for ya.

The rig we're looking at....well, we've switched what we want about 30 times in the past couple months, or so it seems. crazy.gifcrazy.gifwink.gif We need to buy a new a/c & furnace (bad coil on a/c and furnace starting to leak CO). So much for our boat down payment! Still though, we're eyeing up an Alumacraft Tournament Sport at this time, but with the way things are going, that'll likely change before I'm done writing this. crazy.gifconfused.giftongue.gifgrin.gif

Team Otter

I'm going to finish this open water season with the rig I have. I'll have a new rig in the spring. smirk.gif

Mike Walerak

Hunting season is great. It takes the people off the lakes and leaves the great fishing for the rest of us. grin.gif

Hunting is a lot of fun too though. Nothing better than watching my lab flush roosters or make a long, ice breaking retrieve on a greenhead.

My fall season is probably split 50/50 between hunting and fishing. Since I am living in MN now it will probably be more fishing this year.

Fall has to be the best and worst time of year. If only a guy could go on no sleep.

mw

SpecialK

Quote:

If only a guy could go on no sleep.

mw

Amen

Team Otter

Amen again.

Team Otter

Today sure had a slight touch of fall to it. It's not far away!

eyepatrol

My wife and I were up at Vermilion last week Wed., Thurs. and Fri. Talk about a fall feel. Thursday the high was 70 and Wednesday the high was 64! Mornings were in the low 50's. Plus a couple of trees were just starting to change color. smile.gif

Team Otter

Now that's perfect weather.

harvey lee

Perfect weather for a North Dakota deer hunt,I think I will go.

eyepatrol

I saw one heck of a nice buck about 500yds away from where we were staying. Crossed the road in front of us, went 20yds or so out and stood there and looked at us. Very nice 8-point (or 4x4 if you're weird). grin.gif Brow tines were probably around 6", and the other antlers were in that 8" - 10" range with a 16" - 18" spread. I would have taken him in my book.

eyepatrol

Although there was an east/southeast wind, there was a "good chop" on the lake (2' - 3'ers) and it was completely overcast. I only got about 1/2 day of fishing in each day. frown.gif Maybe next time I leave my wife home. shocked.gif Oooooo I hope she doesn't read this! blush.gifgrin.gif