• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

SOLD 12' aluminum fishing boat w/ 6hp motor and trailer SOLD

I have for sale a 1959 12' aluminum fishing boat. It comes with a 1972 Johnson "50th Anniv. eedition" 6hp motor and a 1999 Spartan Sport trailer.

THE BOAT

I replaced the motor mounts and repainted the interior with non-skid paint from front to back. There are 2 clamp on captain chairs and a 3 rod holder.

THE TRAILER

The trailer is a 1999 Spartan Sport with a 2" hitch and a 3rd wheel in front. The trailer has very few miles on it.

THE MOTOR

The motor is a 1972 Johnson 6hp "50th anniversary edition" short shaft. New plugs this spring. The shift lever has been replaced with and aluminum lever at some time. Does not affect the motor in any way. You will need a new fuel line to the gas tank as the old one was a little leaky.

I also will throw in a 3.3 gallon plastic gas tank, canvas cover with bag, minnow bucket, and an smaller anchor with rope... not attached yet.

I am located in Hopkins, MN and so is the boat.

Asking $650

Dave

Pics can be emailed or found here.

http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m221/firetiger03/

Good looking rig. Out of curiosity, what type of paint did you use in the interior? I have a similar rig that I would like to do the same to. BTW, I passed this add on to a firend in the market for this type of rig.

Thank you. I used a paint that I found at West Marine. It's got a little bit of sand in the paint to make it non-skid.

Thanks again, hope I hear from him.

I did forget to list that the boat and trailer will need to be licensed. I have the title for the trailer, the boat does not have one being it's older and under 14'.

Yes, I wil send them out when I get home from work tonight.

Dave

Pics sent!

other than fuel line, rig is good to get on water right away. no leaks, holes etc. any idea about price for licensing boat and trailer? and any idea about weight of boat.

Licensing the boat is $35 for three years. If it's already licensed it just transfers over to you. You have to pay a transfer fee for the trailer. Mine was about $15.

Thanks for the info Sandmannd, yes that is about what it is to license the boat. The boat is not licensed.

The boat is ready for the water, no leaks or holes. Just the one for the drain. Can't tell you how much it weighs but it can't be that much. Easy on and off the trailer.

Forgot to mention that I also have straps for the boat.

After looking in Ebay I think I have found the maker of the boat. It looks to be a Sears model. Someone is selling a 1971 that looks exactly like this one. Tell me what you think. Item # 150021659993

Dave

i am interested. might it be possible to check it out in person sometime early next week? i would this weekend but i am going up north. next week i'll be home from work around 4:30 so anytime after that should work. send me an email or just reply on here, whatever works.

Brian

Yes, that would be fine. I'm home about 4:15 every day so whenever you would like to come out and take a look would be fine.

Dave

Would you consider selling the boat seperate? Very interested. We can talk price. Give me a call if interested. 218-354-2518

Yes, I would consider selling the boat seperately.

I will give you a call Tuesday afternoon.

Dave

I should be around but if not leave a message with a phone number where I can reach you. Very serious about possible purchase. I will be in the cities on Wednesday. Is it a full twelve feet or 11.5? Thanks

Actually I think the boat is just over 12ft. I'll have to measure it.

At this point I would really like to sell the entire package instead of breaking them up. If by next week it still hasn't sold I will consider selling individually.

Dave

Actually Dave, if you find a buyer for the boat, and the price is right, I'd love to take the motor off your hands. Just another option for you!

Frenzy,

I'll keep that in mind. I've also listed the package on CL here in Mpls and have received quite a few inquiries already.

Dave

I found a neighbor that has a 14 foot boat that will work for me. However anyone looking at this package should jump at it. A similar trailer is selling on Craig's List for for $575.00 and boats like this are at least $300.00. You also know what these motors are worth. This is a great buy. It would've been gone if I hadn't of bought a new trailer already. Good luck selling.

Glad to hear you found a boat.

Thanks for the compliment. I really do think this is a very good deal. I just don't have the time to get out on the lake right now and when I do, I go up to my buddies cabin and use the boat up there.

I have a couple people coming over to look at the boat this week. I'm sure I'll find a new home for it.