Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Fishin4Life

Curado problems

Fishin4Life    0
Fishin4Life

I have a Cruado CU200. I have been having some issues with it lately. The drag won't get any too tight. I have it tighented up all the way and you can very easliy strip line off of it. Any ideas on how I could get this straighted out? Or should I just take it in somewhere to have it get a once over? if so where should I take it?

Ralph Wiggum    0
Ralph Wiggum

What type of line are you using on it? The reason I ask is that many times if you tie a superline directly onto the spool (i.e. no mono backing or tape underneath it) the line will actually slip on the spool which can mimic a drag slipping. First thing I would check is if the drag is actually slipping or if the line is slipping on the reel.

That'd be the easiest fix. Otherwise, how old is it? Have you ever taken it apart. If it sat with the drag cranked down for a long period, your drag washers could be permanently compressed and then you won't be able to get it too tight. I loosen my drags whenever I don't use a reel for a while.

ocf    0
ocf

check your settings

Fishin4Life    0
Fishin4Life

Quote:

check your settings

what settings???? The drag setting? I have it cranked down...

ralph, thanks i will go check that stuff out right now. I will post what I find.

Deitz Dittrich    4
Deitz Dittrich

Fish- wish I would have known I would have looked at it after the tournament on saturday... Listen to Ralphy!!.. is it braid line? Probably slipping!

Fishin4Life    0
Fishin4Life

Hey I stripped the line, took the real apart and checked the washers, they looked good. Spooled her back up and walla the drag tightens right back up.

Deitz, I totally forgot about it untill a little bit ago. I should have had you check it out. Any tips to keep this from happening in the future?

When i re-spooled I did tape the line onto the spool instead of tieing it.

Ralph Wiggum    0
Ralph Wiggum

Quote:

Listen to Ralphy!!

You don't hear that too much grin.gif

Deitz Dittrich    4
Deitz Dittrich

LOL @ RW!--Fishfor- wehn putting on a braid line there are a few options... #1 Puton a few yards of mono.. I usually do more than a few yards, then your expensive braid can last longer.

#2 you can put down a few wraps of eletic tape then tie your braid on...

#3 once you have your briad tied on give er a drop of super glue.. be very carefull you do not get this on the edge of the spool...

option #1 is by far the best!

Fishin4Life    0
Fishin4Life

Awesome, thanks Deitz I think I will go for option #1

Slyster    0
Slyster

I should have thought to ask you that on Sat too... if you have braid straight on the spool.. it slips! I use Fireline and put on a good 20 cranks of cheap mono of first.

Was that the issue?

Fishin4Life    0
Fishin4Life

Yes I think that was the issue. I stripped the line and re-spooled and it seems as good as new!

Slyster    0
Slyster

Sweet! let's test her out!