Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fishin4Life

Curado problems

12 posts in this topic

I have a Cruado CU200. I have been having some issues with it lately. The drag won't get any too tight. I have it tighented up all the way and you can very easliy strip line off of it. Any ideas on how I could get this straighted out? Or should I just take it in somewhere to have it get a once over? if so where should I take it?

What type of line are you using on it? The reason I ask is that many times if you tie a superline directly onto the spool (i.e. no mono backing or tape underneath it) the line will actually slip on the spool which can mimic a drag slipping. First thing I would check is if the drag is actually slipping or if the line is slipping on the reel.

That'd be the easiest fix. Otherwise, how old is it? Have you ever taken it apart. If it sat with the drag cranked down for a long period, your drag washers could be permanently compressed and then you won't be able to get it too tight. I loosen my drags whenever I don't use a reel for a while.

check your settings

Quote:

check your settings

what settings???? The drag setting? I have it cranked down...

ralph, thanks i will go check that stuff out right now. I will post what I find.

Fish- wish I would have known I would have looked at it after the tournament on saturday... Listen to Ralphy!!.. is it braid line? Probably slipping!

Hey I stripped the line, took the real apart and checked the washers, they looked good. Spooled her back up and walla the drag tightens right back up.

Deitz, I totally forgot about it untill a little bit ago. I should have had you check it out. Any tips to keep this from happening in the future?

When i re-spooled I did tape the line onto the spool instead of tieing it.

Quote:

Listen to Ralphy!!

You don't hear that too much grin.gif

LOL @ RW!--Fishfor- wehn putting on a braid line there are a few options... #1 Puton a few yards of mono.. I usually do more than a few yards, then your expensive braid can last longer.

#2 you can put down a few wraps of eletic tape then tie your braid on...

#3 once you have your briad tied on give er a drop of super glue.. be very carefull you do not get this on the edge of the spool...

option #1 is by far the best!

Awesome, thanks Deitz I think I will go for option #1

I should have thought to ask you that on Sat too... if you have braid straight on the spool.. it slips! I use Fireline and put on a good 20 cranks of cheap mono of first.

Was that the issue?

Yes I think that was the issue. I stripped the line and re-spooled and it seems as good as new!

Sweet! let's test her out!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• perry p

Posted (edited)

Thanks Workin, Bart and especially Jim for the replies. My family really enjoys fishing on Clearwater lake.

Edited by perry p
      Misspell
    • muskie-mike

Posted

Good walleye bite on leadcore..40 walleyes in 25-28 ft of water,mid lake..None over 16 inches...

• JBMasterAngler

Posted

First time up in Brainerd in 3 years. Went to big trout on Friday, thinking it would be a guarantee (which it usually is). Nope! Not even the rock bass were hitting! Only ended up with a couple pike and a couple largemouths. The inspector at the boat launch was showing me some pics of a couple lake trout this one guy had caught a few days earlier, a 34 and 36 incher! Saturday we were going to fish gull, but it was jam packed with people! Was there a tournament going on? Ended up at a secret little lake where my wife caught bass and pike one right after the other, while I couldn't get a bite to save my life! Was good to be back up there after a 3 year absence. Hopefully I'll find the time to get up there again.

• Cliff Wagenbach

Posted

Very nice walleye no matter how the picture came out! Do not see many of those each year!

We ended up keeping 9 walleyes and releasing 3 slot fish between 19" and 23".

Cliff

• LBerquist

Posted

Here's the proof of the 28" I told you about today cliff. Unfortunately this picture doesn't make this fish out to be nearly as impressive as she was in person. I'm gonna need to work on my selfie skills.

20160925_104541.jpg

2 people like this
    • my family and I new to the area this summer we have been fishing the shore lines around maple lake and have done.  I am not familiar with the are a around here, we would like to get a few more times and ideas or how to advice would be appreciated, I also have a 4 year old we are just introducing to the sport  i don't have and am not really in fishing catfish, just to get out a bit more before things freeze up 

thank you Mike in Crookston 

• bassbouncer

Posted

Interesting headline in the Virginia newspaper this morning. The Landing is being sued by past employees for not paying minimum wage, not paying overtime, and keeping up to 50% of the employees tips that were received via credit card. 

IMG_6155.JPG

• monstermoose78

Posted

8 hours ago, ZachD said:

if you ever need another shooter let me know I would be down to shoot with you

I am always up for bringing someone else with

• RoosterMan

Posted

Drove to Ely yesterday and there were some pockets of great color. I would definitely think next weekend would be worth the trip. 

2 people like this
    • Cliff Wagenbach

Posted

I would say that we are about 1/4 into fall colors in this area.

Cliff

• perry p
      Thanks Workin, Bart and especially Jim for the replies. My family really enjoys fishing on Clearwater lake.
    • muskie-mike
      Good walleye bite on leadcore..40 walleyes in 25-28 ft of water,mid lake..None over 16 inches...
    • JBMasterAngler
      First time up in Brainerd in 3 years. Went to big trout on Friday, thinking it would be a guarantee (which it usually is). Nope! Not even the rock bass were hitting! Only ended up with a couple pike and a couple largemouths. The inspector at the boat launch was showing me some pics of a couple lake trout this one guy had caught a few days earlier, a 34 and 36 incher! Saturday we were going to fish gull, but it was jam packed with people! Was there a tournament going on? Ended up at a secret little lake where my wife caught bass and pike one right after the other, while I couldn't get a bite to save my life! Was good to be back up there after a 3 year absence. Hopefully I'll find the time to get up there again.
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Very nice walleye no matter how the picture came out! Do not see many of those each year! We ended up keeping 9 walleyes and releasing 3 slot fish between 19" and 23". Cliff
    • LBerquist
      Here's the proof of the 28" I told you about today cliff. Unfortunately this picture doesn't make this fish out to be nearly as impressive as she was in person. I'm gonna need to work on my selfie skills.