Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Try Too Fish

Transferring GPS Data

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any information on a utility that will transfer or convert GPS waypoints and tracks from a Magellan MapSend program to a Lowrance MapCreate program?

I want to transfer the above info from a Magellan Marine to a Lowrance Expedition GPS without having to type in all the coordinates. But I have not found any other way! frown.giffrown.gif

I think Lowrance has a utility for Garmin data but that is all I find!!

Thanks for any help!!

Well I must have finely hit the right search word!! grin.gif

I did another search and found a FREE program called "easy gps". I will try it! Has anyone used it?

Easy GPS is just that. Easy! It's fast and easy to use and when I've used it, flawless. I was worried about transferring data from Magellan to Lowrance, but it was no sweat.

MJ

Easy GPS is great, I also use GPS Trackmaker, that one is free as well and it has a few more features.

WOW.... Hadn't checked out the new version of GPS TrackMaker until this thread came up. Now they interface with google earth...... very cool.

Check it out if you get a chance, just do a google search, version 13 is the new one.

Mike

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• SkunkedAgain

Posted (edited)

Maybe there is a market out there for higher end food on Vermilion. If I were in the restaurant business and felt that way, I would probably operate that restaurant on the other end of the lake where it stands out from the competition and benefits from the higher population density and bigger cabins/wealth.

In my mind, what the west end has always wanted is a fun place to hang out, get a beer, and swap fishing tales. You don't need $20 bloody mary's to do that or $12 burgers. Most people would be happy with a Heggie's pizza, some wings, or nachos with melted cheese....accompanied by a mug of Schells/Leinie's/Bud and your occasional can or bottle of something more fancy like a Surly. No need to make this a high-end sushi joint or something that it's really not.

Those seeking a fancy meal will seek it out as necessary. The masses will just avoid the joint if it isn't to their liking.

Edited by SkunkedAgain
    • BSLNORTH

Posted

We did pretty well duck hunting and I thought there was a lot of shooting around. Spent a few hours in the woods checking stands and didn't see one grouse. Lots of deer sign.

• rundrave

Posted

I think you need to go back to basics. What you are trying to do doesn't have to be reinforced in just the boat.

You need that dog to obey and listen to each command you give. If you are trying to get her to sit/stay then that's what you need to work on.

You can practice and work on that command every time you open the door to the kennel to let the dog out. You tell her to sit/stay and you open the door. If she doesn't you know close the door and repeat.

Every time you give your dog a bowl of food don't just give it to her make her sit/stay before she get its. There are  varieties of situation that the sit command can be used for. Start with small exercises and work your way up to bigger more complicated tasks, repetition, repetition repetition. Be sure to praise and always try to end work on a positive note. 

I think the most important thing is don't give a command you cant reinforce.

• Musky hunter 82

Posted

I made it out last night, saw a small buck and a nice doe at 20 yards but to quite to hear them and since I'm in some really thick stuff I didn't see them until they were on top of me.  Also saw another deer 40 yards away but couldn't tell what it was, then spooked something behind (not the direction the deer normally head to in the evening) me as I was getting down.  Almost had a Coyote in the CRP grass when I was walking out, big sucker and the second one see in two sits now (one by my wife and now by me), the land owner said that they are coming up on to his yard now.  I've hunted this ground for 12 years and this is the first year I've seen a coyote while hunting.

Here's a couple of views from the stand, going to move it to the edge of the CRP field that is about 30 yards behind me.

20160925_164858.jpg

20160925_164902.jpg

• paceman

Posted

Made it out for a very short sit Saturday Night. Thunder storms had my son and I scrambling for the truck. Our view. Lots of good deer sign in area. Early SE Corn.JPG

• 750 this week only Im losing money on this but would rather have someone be able to use it than for it to just sit around. After this week I am going to winterize it and it will no longer be for sale.

• How is she on the sit command?  That is the basis of everything.  She needs to learn to sit still and wait until the next command.  I don't even teach my dogs "stay" because it isn't necessary if they are solid on "sit".  Every dog has the ability to be steady, it is up to you to teach them.  A lab that isn't steady in the boat is not only annoying, it is potentially dangerous with loaded guns and the potential to capsize a boat in open water. 

If she knows sit but just needs some reinforcement, it may just take a couple trips where you don't even bring the gun along and let others shoot while you handle the dog. 

If she's real bad, I would recommend going back to the basics. It will be tougher with an older dog versus a puppy but is definitely worth it. Check out the retriever training DVDS by Bill Hillman. They are spendy but definitely worth it.

• easyrider25

Posted

Looking for advice on keeping the dog focused and quiet in the duck boat.  Was out today and we shot enough ducks to keep her busy, however my dog is such a hyper hypo that it's a  little annoying.  Either whining or jumping back and forth from the front and back of the boat.  Do I just need to establish the expectation and keep on her till she finally gets it or is this how some dogs are in the boat? This is her 4th year duck hunting and she has continued to improve each season.  Overall I am happy with her work, especially with the limited amount of hunting I do.  We were out today for 3 hours, shot 8 birds and she did great on the retrieving end and is pretty much focused on the skies, but if something is not constantly dropping from them I feel like I have a screaming baby on my hands.  It's not really that bad, just very annoying.   I would just like her to sit in her spot, stare at the skies and wait for my command.  Is this to much to ask?

• On 9/24/2016 at 3:30 PM, ZachD said:

she's getting big

She's up to 38 pounds at a few days short of 5 months and does not stop going 100 mph. She got exposed to a lot of feathers this weekend at duck camp. She retrieved dead ducks and geese in the yard after our hunts. The goose was a bit big so I chopped a wing off and worked with that after she picked it up and barely made it back a short distance to me. 

1 person likes this
    • delcecchi

Posted

Maybe that is how they can stay in business 

• SkunkedAgain
      Maybe there is a market out there for higher end food on Vermilion. If I were in the restaurant business and felt that way, I would probably operate that restaurant on the other end of the lake where it stands out from the competition and benefits from the higher population density and bigger cabins/wealth. In my mind, what the west end has always wanted is a fun place to hang out, get a beer, and swap fishing tales. You don't need $20 bloody mary's to do that or $12 burgers. Most people would be happy with a Heggie's pizza, some wings, or nachos with melted cheese....accompanied by a mug of Schells/Leinie's/Bud and your occasional can or bottle of something more fancy like a Surly. No need to make this a high-end sushi joint or something that it's really not. Those seeking a fancy meal will seek it out as necessary. The masses will just avoid the joint if it isn't to their liking.
    • BSLNORTH
      We did pretty well duck hunting and I thought there was a lot of shooting around. Spent a few hours in the woods checking stands and didn't see one grouse. Lots of deer sign.
    • rundrave
      I think you need to go back to basics. What you are trying to do doesn't have to be reinforced in just the boat. You need that dog to obey and listen to each command you give. If you are trying to get her to sit/stay then that's what you need to work on. You can practice and work on that command every time you open the door to the kennel to let the dog out. You tell her to sit/stay and you open the door. If she doesn't you know close the door and repeat. Every time you give your dog a bowl of food don't just give it to her make her sit/stay before she get its. There are  varieties of situation that the sit command can be used for. Start with small exercises and work your way up to bigger more complicated tasks, repetition, repetition repetition. Be sure to praise and always try to end work on a positive note.  I think the most important thing is don't give a command you cant reinforce.
    • Musky hunter 82
      I made it out last night, saw a small buck and a nice doe at 20 yards but to quite to hear them and since I'm in some really thick stuff I didn't see them until they were on top of me.  Also saw another deer 40 yards away but couldn't tell what it was, then spooked something behind (not the direction the deer normally head to in the evening) me as I was getting down.  Almost had a Coyote in the CRP grass when I was walking out, big sucker and the second one see in two sits now (one by my wife and now by me), the land owner said that they are coming up on to his yard now.  I've hunted this ground for 12 years and this is the first year I've seen a coyote while hunting. Here's a couple of views from the stand, going to move it to the edge of the CRP field that is about 30 yards behind me.
    • paceman
      Made it out for a very short sit Saturday Night. Thunder storms had my son and I scrambling for the truck. Our view. Lots of good deer sign in area.