Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
reel man

trout fun

4 posts in this topic

Thanks for the info on the rush creek 3 areas jbtwins24 it was great fishing. I fished for 2 hours and probably caught and released 25 rainbows and 2 browns.Nothing huge,but everything was over 10" and 3 were up around 13 and the one brown was a fourteen.Awesome stretch of creek.I saw the spillway,but to many mermaids were there to fish ,which wasn't so bad.Then headed off to lanesboro.I still have a hard time locating any trout in the root there as often as I try.Plenty of small smallmouth though.Especially this time behind the sales barn in the rocks.Tried the dam and nothing there.Hit the park ponds and hit about a dozen rainbows there largest was 13",but a day with tons of fish non the less.Life is good!!!

That sounds like a fun day on the streams and ponds. Any size to the smallies on the root? Nice report.

hey its no problem, im happy you found some fish to catch. now dont hate me but ive been out trout fishing in this one hole the other morning around 6am and caught about 30 trout in one hole, i thought that the dnr stocked it but i talked to them today and they havent stocked it in awhile. the sizes were between 14-19in rainbows. that part of the stream is real cold still. if anybodys coming around the area let me know ill take ya out trout fishing!

sweet!