Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Dave2

Springer for grouse?

4 posts in this topic

Anyone use thier springer for grouse hunting? How are they for grouse normally? I don't hear of too many people hunting grouse with a springer.

I've only hunted grouse behind one springer and he did a fantastic job. He was trained to quarter within 15 yards of his owner and he would natuarally slow down when zeroing in on the bird before the flush.

I have a buddy who just bought a springer pup and he intends on hunting some grouse with his pooch too.

Good Luck!

Ken

I hunted for a few years with a Springer and a Lab together. Great nose on the Springer and the Lab loved to retrieve so it was a good combo. I now hunt behind a pair of Springer/Lab mixed and yes you guess it they are sons of the Lab and Springer.

Bobby any idea of where to find a Springer/Lab mix. harns@comcast.net thanks bob