• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fisherdog, a friend and I fished an area lake today and got into some nice crapppies. Marabou jigs and fatheads was the bait of choice today. The biggest fish caught today was 1 lb 12 oz and about 14 inches. The other fish were not too far behind in size.

We also caught at least a dozen walleyes, and quite a few perch and bull gills, definitely some with some nice size to them.

fdoganddhyi1.jpg

dhandnoahqa9.jpg

fdogvr7.jpg

noahgd4.jpg

me2qe2.jpg

by any chance you can give us a hint to where you caught those dandies

by the way in the winter i know where you can get some nice crappies between the 13-15 in range if you want to swop?

It's been nice getting into those fish over the last couple weeks. I appreciate the offers to swap spots, but crappies like that are very hard to find, especially in the middle of summer. Not to mention that I'm sworn to secrecy. We fished a fairly decent sized lake, and the fish would be nearly impossible to find if you would fish it blind. We picked them up until around 1:30 pm, and then chased some walleyes and got about a dozen until around 3:30, and when we ran out of crawlers, we had a hard time getting more. When I get one over 2 pounds, I'll post a picture of it.

Fisherdog

It's about time that lake started to kick in again. I've heard it has slab's like that but have only caught walleye's out there and maybe on slabby like that. Either way it's good to see fish like that on that lake.

I haven't fished the lake, but I know these guys have been there a few times...mostly in the spring. Probably will be there more often now!!

Peter and Noah...

I'm moving to Antigo, WI. Up north!!! More crappie options and of course the muskie. Keep in touch!

Hammer out!

Hammer, it's a new lake and we've never fished it in the spring. Only way you get to find out which lake it is, is if you come and visit tongue.gif. Why the move, new job? If you need any help with you know what, call me.

Peter that's shamefull..... trying to pimp your own friend for some business tongue.gif ha ha

That lake has alot of those buggers in it. We did good in june, but havent been out in a long time. Last time we went it was too hot and the water seemed to be cloudy. This spring it was crystal clear. We were watching walleye's in 6-8 feet of water pretty crazy. How was the size on you walleyes, most of ours were 12-14 with a few bigger ones bout 16-18. Oh and hows the water clarity. The fish in that lake will sometimes bite mad for a bit then just shut down. Good job on the crappies, as i know they are hard to find, just try a yellow fuzzy jig, as minnows slow me down out there sometimes.

I'm trying to figure out how some of these guys think they know which lake we were on. There must be at least 10 access in Becker county that I know of, that look exactly, or close to the one in the pictures. If you guys can tell which lake it is by the pictures of the access, then consider yourselves Sherlock Holmes' laugh.gif.

Quote:

If you guys can tell which lake it is by the pictures of the access, then consider yourselves Sherlock Holmes' .

Peter, I was wondering the same thing. Besides, who said I was being honest when I said it was in Becker Co.? grin.giftongue.gif

I live about 1200 miles away from that lake - or what I presume to be that lake - and miss everyday away from it. Anyhow always fun to see an access or lake and think you know where it is. If it is the lake that I'm thinking it is then you should go back out there ~~ Oct. 1-10. Yeah sure you bet you'll have a good time.

Regardless of where it is the longer we sit and talk about it the less time your on the water. So quit talkin and start fishin.