Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jed

best food???

11 posts in this topic

haven't been up in the area for 10 years, where's the best chow around for the family to stop and eat??? just looking for opinions and some free pr for some of the local establishments.

jed

If you like Mexican go to the place in Dorset.

That would be Companeros in Dorset: http://www.dorsetmn.com/

Yep good Mexican food.

OK, now where is the best Chinese (buffet) and BBQ?

Quote:

Chicago.

smile.gif

No real Chinese buffets or BBQ that I can think of. Khan's Mongolian BBQ is a mix of both, I suppose. I've never tried it. For family dining, the West 40 is outstanding (and reasonable) for breakfast. I've never had lunch or dinner there. I like the Schwartzwald downtown for German food for dinner. Royal Bar next door has great burgers and sandwiches, but not the best for kids.

Rocky's pizza has great pizza and is a good place for kids. The aforementioned Companero's is also great for Mexican. Go early on weekends because the lines are long.

-Scott

Quote:

Quote:

Chicago.

smile.gif

<lol> Thanks Scott. Love the Royal's burgers. (Just the wife and me, so being a bar is OK...) Used to go to the DIXIE drive in for their burgers/malts(mmmmmmmmmm), but they aren't there any more (I hear).

Will just have to "fish around" for some good places to eat. Any Chinese buffets and/or BBQ in Menahga, Nevis, Akeley, Walker, surrounding townw/etc?

two chinese buffets and one chinese restaurant in DL. One chinese restaurant in Walker (the WOK-er) and one chinese buffet in Wadena. There is also a BBQ joint in DL, Ordinary Joes, open Th-Sat.

If you want a really good breakfast go to the Rapid River Logging Camp north of Park Rapids. Their dinners are also very good. For pizza try Rocky's at the intersection of 71, and 34.

Quote:

If you want a really good breakfast go to the Rapid River Logging Camp north of Park Rapids. Their dinners are also very good. For pizza try Rocky's at the intersection of 71, and 34.

Breakfast at the logging camp....after that all you want to do is take a nap.

Nick

My favorite was the Dorset Cafe, great chicken, nice little salad bar and draft beer came in icy mugs.

But I haven't been there in a while.

For pizza we used to go to Rocky's and a little place in Nevis, called, Steve & Jills Steak and Pizza. grin.gifwink.gifcool.gif

Companero's is always my favorite spot to hit...good Mexican food and good margaritas are tough to beat...

Rocky's and Zorbaz both have good pizza...Zorbaz is one of my favorite late night hangouts if you are looking to drink

Since guys are telling you to go to DL I'll say just head to the Toad Lake Store and get a burger. Taco tuesday is good as well. Nice people good food and cold drinks. Also the Y steakhouse is a nice place with excellent steaks. Little pricey but it's good food.