Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smoked perch

mantrap action

8 posts in this topic

here's a couple pics from mantrap.

40" taken a week and a half ago, casting a b-1 burmek at during primetime evening.

40mantrap06.jpg

and this second was taken tuesday nite at about 2am. trolling a classic crankbait. a 35" healthy fish.

35mantrap06.jpg

both fish cpr'd, of course. photography by shutterbug85.

hittin er hard tonite, going to try and pull a 8pm to 8am. update to follow...

Gee, when do you guys EVER SLEEP??? wink.gif

NICE fish!!!!!!!!!!!! (I'm 55 years old and have never caught a <any> fish that big.) Congratulations!

(Tell Jonah HI for me.)

Hey Smoked Perch,

Congratulations on the fish! How has the fishing been up there lately.

The Burmek......what a bait.

dan

dano... yes, the tried and true burmek bumble bee... good times.

went out with bug and jjj friday nite marathon, with success, waiting for pics to post..

any one else get out on/around the full moon??

what's the best way to work a burmek? slow speed, medium speed? Down deep or on the surface? I've never had any follows on them, but they sure have a nice action to them. I've just never had any luck with them.

ahc:

hey. i like to give a steady retrieve, then a couple quick 2ft jerk/pause, jerk/pause. mix it up a bit. the fish i've caught on this retireve generally spank it right after the second jerk/pause.

good luck...

hey, thanks for the tip. i'll give that a shot.