• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tribute to Carter, Moss and Cunningham

PikeTipper

AWESOME link! Boy does that bring back fond memories. I wish we still had Moss and Culpepper.

Watching that video brought back alot of memories. 98 was a great year that i wish the vikings could repeat. I hate the falcons and Gary Anderson for that very reason. I say trade for moss and bring Carter outta retirement!!!!!

Carter, Moss and Cunningham are bigger than Jesus. I hope Moss will come come back to the purple someday, even if its at the end of his career, so I can worship him again. Its to bad randy couldnt have been apart of the vikings cruise last year it probably would have been even more fun.

Shame on you Mike Tice!!!!!!!! and Good riddens!

Packers were in a rebuilding phase after the previous two years when they went to two Super Bowls and won one of them.

I don't think the Pack went 15-1 in either of those two years either! Stings don't it? grin.gif

Ask the Indianapolis Colts how much an almost perfect season means after the season is over and nothing to show for it. Really doesn't amount to much does it?

Those 98' Vikings were the best team the NFL has every seen. I wish I had more of the games on tape.

It was great for my fantasy team, I had all three of them plus Gary Andersen. They riduculed me at the draft, "homer purple boy", I got the last laugh, league champion. Every long bomb was points and money in the bank! cool.gif

I wasnt around for the Purple People Eaters. These are the glory days for me.

God, Randy Moss was? awesome!!!

Now I remember why I don't watch much football anymore. It just isn't the same and I don't think it will be as good as it was. That '98 team had the greatest offense ever.

Where is the tribute to the O-line and Robert Smith though? Cunningham had enouhg time to knit a sweater in the pocket. It is a big help to have a 1,000+ yard rusher too.

It is too bad we gave Moss away. (Too bad we gave away Culpepper too). It is unfortunate Randy doesn't have a quarterback that can get him the ball in Oakland. He is the most talented reciever in the game. Better than Owens and nowhere near the cancer to a team like T.O. is.

Oh well I am sure my dogs don't mind not having to sit inside on Sunday during the fall. grin.gif

Mentioning Moss with Jesus name is like saying Charlie Manson was good to movie stars...are you kidding? Carter the cry baby and Cunningham the little lost sheep...

GreenBay has so much Hardware and Championships and "last Second" wins over the Vikes that you folks have to take Malox before each game...Undoubtedley, Moss was/is one of the most talented recievers in the game, but not much of a man off the field nor with his teamates, Culpepper also embarrassed Minnesota and is the most overrated player in the game.

What I miss to those of you 42 and older would be the announcement from Jack Brickhouse and Co. just before a brutal cold game back in the 60's and early 70's...."FROM METROPOLITAN STADIUM" renewing the fiercest rivalry in the NFL....it's the GreenBay Packers and the Minnesota Vikings....sends shivers down the spine! Want to talk about players..how about Fran Tarkenton, Fred Cox...Bart Starr, Carroll Dale, Paul Hornung.....the "PURPLE PEOPLE EATERS.......Now that was FOOTBALL!!

Player talent can be judged many ways....however, how they conduct themselves off the field inevitably ends up being how they and their careers are judged.....Just ask Mark McGuire and the big bat from sanFransisco..... blush.giffrown.gif.

How these players with the incredible gifts God gave them and the undevotional love the fans extend to them, end up doing stupid things like Moss and Culpepper, or a James Lofton from GreenBay is astounding!! Good Luck this season and make sure this year that regardless of the rivalry's that we love to hate each other for but mutually respect the two teams who really are the NFL, Minnesota and GreenBay, that you take a minute out of the two games between us and truly appreciate the talents and consecutive game streak of Brett Favre, regardless of who you root for, as he plays his final season {I think}realize that he is the most prolific QB to ever play the game, a special person and talent who has overcome tragedies on and off the field and showed up every week...25 td passes and he will surpass Marino and own all 4 major categories that QB's are judged on, yeah he plays some street ball, throws the inevitable pick....but who would you want to have running your offense with 1:52 remaining and down a score......... wink.gif Here's to Football and the rivalry, what would we do without it! confused.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings,

Give me Two Minute Tommy Kramer and 1:52 any time. I just dont know if he needs the bottle of JD the night before the game, the morning before the game, or during the game... frown.gif

Farve is a real man. He and Detroits Barry Sanders showing up game after game after game.

Give me Denny Green.

Don't give me Less Steckle or any of the other 4 coaches in 6 years that we had, nor the GB child molester, the MN sex capades, or huge egos.

Peace and Blessings

Sorry to burst your bubble with the rebuilding Packers Boys, but the Pack will be lucky to win four games this year. The worst part of this whole thing is the drunk driving that will occur after every Sunday game right around 1:30ish because the game will be over by then. I really feel bad for "prolific" players that don't know when to hang up the cleets, so he had a good career, but don't pull another Jerry Rice and embarass yourself on your way out the door. Thank god its September laugh.gif