Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
harvey lee

Washington question

11 posts in this topic

I have not been on my favorite lake for a month or better.Tried yestaerday morning but didnt want to get wet.Are the panfish biting at all?I do know that they are there.Thanks

To much time chasing catfish and that keeps me off the lakes.How is one to do it all? confused.gif

been real slow out there. I usually troll 3rd point to near grass island hooking crappies and bigger sunnies not even a bite the last few weekends. but I did see people anchored off of grass island bobber fishing for small sunnies.

hope that helps

-John

Thank, I figured I would try the hole in Bakers bay or the deeper water around grassy island or one other spot.They are in there and one just needs to do a little searching.

yeah hopefully the cooler weather will give some more predictable conditions. soon we will need jackets to fish. which will keep the skiers away smile.gif

I caught a nice meal of sunnies and the crappies were few and far between.I found and caught all my fish in very deep water(24-40fow).All were caught on a small spinner with a half a crawler.Tried numerous other baits but they just didnt want to play with those.Very tough morning as I fished way to hard for what I got.Thats fishing.

Without a doubt the worst day of panfishing for me this year. frown.gif

You're having a better day than I am. smirk.gif

It's about time you left the river for some different scenery. grin.gifgrin.gif Thanks for the update Tom. I was starting to wonder if you were going to spend all of your time in the 'Catfish' and 'MN River' forums. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I was also starting to wonder if I was ever going to fish a lake again also.The river has beautifull scenery and the fishing is great.Last spring I spent a fair amount of time on the river fishing eyes and now I have found a new fish,the catfish.

Its hard to explain but if you have never caught a bigger flathead then I dont believe I can.Kinda like fishing the Rainy river for huge sturgeon,its a rush.I am sure come the hard water season I will be back on the lakes.

I personally just cannot seem to find those 40" plus fish in the lakes.It is also very nice without jet-skis,pleasure boats and busy landing as the rivers at night are not that busy.Downside is shallow water,rocks,sandbars and trees.

See you on the ice soon. smile.gif Maybe the lake also.Keep posting those eye reports as I might try and go when the bite is hot.I usually have alot of time for fishing but it seems that its not enough for lakes,rivers and racing.

Even more satisfying is the fact that there are alot of very wealthy people with access to just about anything, that aren't having as much fun as you are!! cool.gifcool.gif

Continued Good Luck & Good Fishing! L2f

"Wealth comes in many forms"

Harvey,

Your post hits the nail on the head. On the river, its like having a lake to youerself pretty much all the time. No rec. activity, ramps have no traffice, wind does not wreck a day. On the river, seeing people is almost an enjoyable thing-thats relaxing if you ask me.

Rather than have your blood boiling over the bass boat that just knocked you loose, or the guying tubing in circles around you, the increased heart rate tends to come only from the fish or your occassional challange with the current.

I fight back and forth. Both have benifits. Lakes are so much easier-my current struggle---In the boat market...River is priority, fish the lakes with chop, and would like to have an occasional day in the water wakeboarding when its over 90 out......Curious what peoples expierence is with a multipurpose rig. I anticipate this is way to much to ask, but curious?

jk

If I was in the market for a fishing boat tommorrow it without a doubt it would be a River Pro.It would work on the lake and you cannot beat it on the river. smile.gif