Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EXTREME

Upcoming Season

10 posts in this topic

Ok....who here has been and will continue to be worthless at work until bow season comes along? Man, I can't get it out of my head. Bow hunting for 20 years and it still gets to me tongue.gif. Just trying to drum up some conversation, and want to see if anybody out there is as wacko as me!

No,I have been deer hunting for almost 40 years and now its as simple as when it gets here it gets here.I use to go batty waiting but after so many years and so many deer I can wait.

I'm with H-lee on this one.. I love bow season.. but I love bow season a whole lot more when a lot of the leaves fall and the bugs are gone!

I'm so busy trying to get my 'before hunting' list done that I haven't had time to think about it. Still need to get out and trim some stands, move a couple, make another one, more shooting practice, work up the fall food plots, plow some more ground for next spring, and oh yeah the wife has a couple of to-dos.

I would have to agree with Deitz, its fun to get out in September if its not too hot but when the end of Oct comes and the leave are turning color and its cooled down and the pheasants are cackling and you know the bucks are going to start roaming - nothing better!!! At my age, its even better than sex!!!

I'm pretty sure I think about it more than sex.

If I start thinking about the big buck I saw last year and can't sleep.

The guys I work with help run the Duluth hunt and we tend to get a bit off task when bow hunting comes up. Tonight is the lottery to determine which zone I get to hunt. After tonight I will really be pumped because I can do some serious scouting and research on the particular mega trophy deer I will be hunting. My personal restrictions this year are 12 points or 170". The crazy thing is it's entirely realistic!

EXTREME

I'm right with ya brother!!!!!!!. The wife gets mad at me when I get home from work. There are three things I'm doing. Shooting, watching the outdoor channel or puttzing around with all of my gear. Well there is the Twin's thing too. Just like a kid in a candy shop. Every pay-day have to take a trip to the sporting goods store and check out the new toys and buy little things that you might just need. Now as for being worthless at work HMMM Don't tell anyone but I sit and play on this forum while I'm at work. If I can't be hunting or fishing I might as well be reading about it plus getting paid for it. Have to be glad my boss isn't into hunting or this forum. As for the sex quotes from the others, just have to say to bad I enjoy my wife as much as I enjoy hunting and fishing. Helps when she enjoys the hunting and fishing just as much as I do. Only problems are it make it harder to get up in the morning.

I'm getting pretty psyched, but I'd have to agree with Blackjack's first paragraph. I've got a lot of things to do hunting & nonhunting related before I'm ready for 9/16, but I'll definitely be in the tree then. I'm still fishing & have lots of firewood to cut yet as well.

I'm stringing my recurve for the first time in 26 years and yes I'm a little excited but I sleep just fine UNLESS I'M THINKING OF DUCK HUNTING

Well at least I know I'm not the only one. I don't lose any sleep over season either...except maybe the night before. I just think about it alot....I mean alot. I still have to go hang a couple of portables out next weekend. Went scouting a couple of weeks back and seen 1 decent buck. I personally love the first 2 weeks of season. So far the skeeters are non-existant up here, so that will keep me from fidgeting too much. Hopefully the next 30 days or so will go by fast grin.gif