Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wade Joseph

What will this wind do..

12 posts in this topic

To the fishing on the big lake?

It should mix up the warmer surface water with the cooler water below shouldn't it? Will that help or hurt fishing?

Looks like we will have a mud line so that should help along with warm surface water being blown up on the south shore. If Im here thats where I will start out. You know me always in search of eyes and if a Laker comes about thats ok too. grin.gif

Hopefully it'll lie down overnight and i'll find out in the morning. smile.gif

Me too. If its decent myself and the better half will be out. Im thinking it wont settle til afternoon though.

Sorry for the dumb question but I am used to the Ocean whereit takes 2-3 days to lay down after a big blow like that.

Wade, I understand your question, The answer could be rollers. Not really a problem, your boat will ride them like a cork. Up and down, up and down. I'm making myself sick. grin.gif

This will pack the water in the fish will be deeper??

No fishing today mad.gif, Saturday looks to be alright, but not great, with South winds 10-20. Hopefully that won't happen till the afternoon. Skipper, was that a declaration or a question??

DR, everything I'm seeing for tomorrow is saying SE 15-20. Seems like every time they say Se its always East in town on the big lake. A straight south would be nice.

Well, i drove out to Wisconsin Point this afternoon and Northlander sure was right. There is one heck of a mudline out there, going at least a few miles. Everything on the inside is absolute chocolate milk. Waves were comin in pretty good, about 6 footer. I don't know if i'll get tomorrow either mad.gif

Just checked the forecast and the wunderground says SE 5-10, waves diminishing to 1-3ft. Might get out after all!

Im thinking tomorrow will be a bust as well. At least til late afternoon. The waves probably wont settle til later in the day at the earliest but ya never know.

Was going to hit Mil Lacs but thought better of it. frown.gif

Just got back a little while ago, landed 10, 9 lakers and one steelie. Deep deep deep is the key, couldn't find cold water, ended up in 170FOW. Meat rigs in fuscia and green were the key. Don't be afraid to run some stacks.