Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
herky

Pepin Bait Shop

5 posts in this topic

I'm planning on hitting lake Peppin for the first time this weekend wiht my Dad. We'll be comming down from teh SW metro saturday morning. Can anyone suggest a good launch and bait shop for us?

Thanks,

Depends where you want to fish, the upper or lower lake. The launch on the south side of lake city is nice, but can be busy. There is also a decent launch on the north side of Lake city. 4 seasons bait in Red Wing is Ok. It is just past Mcdonalds.

i was thinking we would fish the upper part of the lake

Herky, Try the Hok-Si-La public landing on the north side of lake city then. It is a short trip to Maiden Rock from there, plus there are few points you can work around on your way up too. Good luck out there!

Stop in to Ike's Bait & Tackle. We'll show you where to go and give you information on where the fish are biting.

Take hwy 61 into town and turn right at the Perkins. Follow the service road back under the bridge and we are the big green building next to the Super 8 motel.

We where just voted one of the top 10 bait stores in Minnesota by Minnesota Tourism.

Shawn Eichorn

Ike's Bait & Tackle

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]