Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tyler Holm

Here Dovey, Dove!

12 posts in this topic

Well, it’s that time of year again to keep an eye open to the sky and start chasing Morning Doves. I’m certainly not saying that I’m putting my rods away, but I will start to stray away from evening fishing extravaganzas in exchange for some prime time dove hunting.

I’d like to get a feel for how many people in the Rochester area are planning on doing some dove hunting this season? Also, if you interested in doing a little tag-teaming on those buggers, let me know. I’ll be sneaking out a few times in the next few weeks to hopefully track down some permission on a few fields in the Rochester area.

I’m going to try my best to beat the 58 Downed Doves from last year. Who’s with me?

tyler, ive never hunting doves b4 but id be willing to give it a try if u need a shooting partner

Shaun,

Dove hunting is one of those sports where the more, the merrier.

We'll touch base is it gets closer.

Hey Tyler!

I would absolutely love to do some dove hunting. The majority of the hunting I do is duck hunting...but it would be great to give dove hunting a try. Let me know if you are ever looking for someone to go with you.

I was also going to ask...does anyone belong to a gun club in the Rochester area? I was thining about joining one but wanted to get some info from others in the area.

Thanks!

Nate

oh god! if it isnt the size of a deer, then i usually miss smirk.gif that is why i gave up pheasant hunting, because i always missed. good luck with the doves though!!

All "missing/wiffing/air balling" aside, dove hunting can be a lot of fun. It's a challange, no doubt.

Dove hunting is a blast. I did it a few times in CO with a buddy. Those things are quick. I'd be in as well but it's a drive for me from Farmington. I need to see if there is anywhere closer to me where I can hunt both Pheasants and Dove.

Gots a plan in the works for Thursday after work. Let me know if your interested (if I haven't already contacted you)...

Tyler I have been scouting for Doves in the WMAs, but I have not seen more than a few doves in these planted fields.

So if you find Too many Doves around here I think, I could help thin them a bit.

Nice pics from 05.

There are some good spots to shoot dove in the rochester area wma. The best information I can give you guys is, take the time to walk the fields and look around. You will be surprised where the birds are. Also, try to stick around areas where the birds cross from field to field. The farthest shot I've taken was about 40-50 yrds. Anything past that distance, and I will not shoot.

Tyler i grew up shooting just about anything on the wing however this year i for some reason cannot put down my rods. I am addicted worse than i ever have been. There is geese in my feild that i hunt and i am still going fishing i dont' know what is wrong with me. Good luck guy post lots of pics. And tyler your avatar scared me when that was one of the first things i saw when i woke up. ooo.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifwink.gif

Ike,

Boooo.. I'm planning on catching something this weekend so iffin it changes sun/mon, things went well.