• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

fishing report 8-10-06

Grand Rapids Winnie fishing report

Walleyes in the northland. After that heat and nasty weather we have had the walleye fishing has been abit tough. We have been getting some on Bowstring, sand winnie and even Pokegama has been decent at times, but the next minute it has been tough. Most of the fish in the area have been coming out of the weeds. We have been mostly doing the rigs or spinners with a leech or crawler, but the last couple times we have even bee getting them on a jig and minnow pulling them through the weeds. It’s been a pain because your hook is always fouled with weeds but that is where the fish are. When we have been doing this we have been catching some crappies and gills right in the junk also.

Good luck fishing

Jason Boser

www.mnfishingpros

www.fishingminesota

Jason Thx for the tips.

I'll be up at Island View on Sand all next week.

We rent 4-5 cabins and have a week long family reunion.

I don't need a full guide service but Would Gladly compensate you for some detailed Walleye spots/tactics.

Usualy take a token trip to Winnie But maybe maybe spend more time on Bowstring. In the weeds 'eh?

Small weedless jig/minnow.

regards PF

Coming up to Winnie this coming week-end, just wondering how the panfish are doing? What seems to work best on the Sunnies and crappies? Does plastic or live bait work better? Are they in the third river bay? or more in the lake on weed edges? Also wondering if the eyes are starting up again? Has the wind been blowing hard or has the august time frame calmed the winds? Sorry for all the questions crazy.gif

Thanks for your help smile.gif

they are getting some panfish in cutfoot and little cutfoot on the weed edges with a crawler, the walleye have been tough the last couple days a few fish coming in from in front of high banks resort with a jig and minnow

Jason

I will also be fishing Winnie this weekend staying at The Pines resort and Campground. I was just wondering why the walleyes are tough right now? Is it weather, fishing pressure or what. Also any ideas where to start looking up in the north east part of the lake?

Thanks!

Milkdud

I wish I could answer that lots of theroies why but they are and it hasnt been any better this week yet. hopefully they will turn on soon

Jason