Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TroutYammer

White Earth Lake - Fall Walleyes

5 posts in this topic

I used to fish eyes on White Earth when I was a kid (30 +years ago)and it was a fun lake during the summer. I want to try White Earth Lake for fall walleyes this year and see if the lake looks the same after all these years.

Does anyone know if White Earth lake is any good in the fall or am I just wasting my time? Ant tips would be greatly appreciated.

IMO, thats the only time to hit it.

Fish with light line (4-6) and 1/8-1/4 oz lindy rig sinker. Use a crawler and fill it full of air and go as slow as you can. Get on the water an hour before sunrise and start trolling shallow on the breaks and work deeper as the sun comes up. They stick to those breaks like fat kids at the candy store. Key is air in the crawler to get them to float and stay as light and move slowly.

Code-Man

Rumor has it that WE is heating up a bit. Bait shop in Waubun reported some good reports being mentioned. I didn't have much luck last week - caught one 12 inch eye - couple bass and couple perch - none keeper size though. I was only out for about 4 hours and didn't get out until after 8am - so I'll blame that for my ineffectiveness. smile.gif

Thanks guys for the response. I'll be heading up around Mid-Sept and try Nite Crawlers. 30-years ago we always used minnows but I am willing to give Crawlers a try.

Thanks...I'll let you know how my trip goes when I get back.