Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TroutYammer

Walleye Guide for Mid-September Park Rapids Area

14 posts in this topic

I am looking for a walley guide for the Park Rapids area around mid-September. Anybody have a recommendation?

i'd recommend jonah winter (muskybug85 on the forum) but i think he's back at school then. his dad might be available though.

I to would recomend my father Dick Winter. He has had over 40 years guiding experience and he is a great guy to hang out with. jonah

Jonah,

How would we contact your father? (I may be interested too...) You can post here or send to my email address (you should still have it).

Thanks!

I'd recommend Dick Winter. I've used his services on a couple of occasions. I don't know that you'll find anyone who knows that area better.

I would give Jason Durham a call. He has lived in the area his whole life, and he is a great guy to go fishing with.

Brad

Brad and Jonah (and everybody else that posts), it would be very helpful to us "out-of-towners" if you could some how post the phone number or email address or HOW to contact your recommended guides. Yellow Pages? They also work at ____ (i.e. Delaney's, Northern, etc.).

Anything would help.

THANKS!

if interested in having my father guide for a day please email me at jwinter2@gac.edu for contact info. Jonah

Thanks Jonah!!!!!! grin.gif

Bob,

Hows it going? Jason has a flyer up in Delaneys, I am not sure what his contact info is off the top of my head here but another thing you could do is post to him on this website, he comes on this site all the time. So there is a start and Ii will see what other info I can get for you.

Brad

Thanks for the information...I'll be getting serious about getting aguid in a few weeks.

Thanks Brad. Will be there for a week (9/9-16) and am HOPING that I won't NEED a guide. wink.gif

But, if it's SLOW for the first few days, I may start looking for some help!! I'll keep Jason and Jonah's dad (Dick) in mind.

<29 days and counting!!>

Bob,

You can email me at go_fish_guides@hotmail.com

Not trying to deter you from Jonah, we know each other well. You'll have a good time no matter which guide in the area you choose.-Jason

i would defiantly recommend Jason Durham. He is a great guy and a phenominal fisherman, earlier this year he put me and my brother and cousin on five eyes all about 5 lbs in a very short period of time. He knows his stuff... Its a great experience that ill always remember