Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fishhawk17

Report?

7 posts in this topic

How has the fishing been lately on the big lake. Haven't been up there in several weeks and am planning on heading up Friday late afternoon. Spent the previous week up by Otter Tail and the fishing there was real tough. Eventually I was able to catch fish in 5' of water, running cranks, in the middle of a 90 degree day. Apparently the oxygen level in those lakes is real low because of the lack of rain. Has anyone found that to be the case on Mille Lacs?

Fishing was slow for me last weekend. I guess I should say non-existent. Did not catch any walleyes. But I was fishing with three others that do not fish regularly so that could have something to do with it. On a side not the water temps are extremely warm. 77 degrees. Saw thousands of dead whitefish/ciscoes floating all over the lake. I think things maybe slow until mid september.

To all walleye guys.... Remember when you are trolling in the fall and those "annoying" muskies keep biting off your rapala's? Sometimes musky fisherman run into the same problem of those "annoying" walleyes eating your musky lures... Think like a musky fisherman and move shallow to oxygen, you may find these walleyes that keep eating my musky lures...

Hey MLMusky, I love to fish fall walleyes at ML. If you let me in on a few spots where those pesky walleyes keep bothering you now, I'll give you some spots for some great fall action.

I went out Saturday around 1:00 out of East side and trolled cranks. Picked up three (25, 26, 26)in three hours, before my motor warning beeper started going off in five footers. There is nothing like being 3 miles from where you put in, no other boats in sight, no cell signal, stiff wind, your trolling motor quits working in 10 minutes, and you have to decide if you want to risk wrecking your new motor. I headed for shore with the warning beeper screaming at me, only to have it stop about 150 yards from shore and not go off again. I went home.

I caught my fish 15' down in 21 to 25 ft of water, relating to structure. I marked a lot of fish, but very few that weren't suspended. I wish I had some other people with me so I could have put more lines back there as the fish were scattered from 10' down to 20' down, with a majority in the 15' to 18' range.

Fished rocks Sat 8:00-2:00 caught 15 total, 12 over 15" 5 keepers(4@15-17 & 1@21)26" biggest. It looked like some moron cut the skin off of one cheek of the 26"

LCA

Fished the weeds sat. Didn't find many eyes only 3 but did get into some good pike action and my buddie got a huge 17 inch crappie, thought it was a 2 pound eye coming across the top of the water. Stopped and tried to coax a few more but no luck. The lighning put a damper on any night bite i was the last guy at the access at 9:30.