Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
harvey lee

Abu clicker

11 posts in this topic

On one of my Abu bait caster 6500 reels the clicker quit working.Is this something that I can fix with having not much knowledge of reel repair or will I need to send it back to abu?Not much good for cat fishing without it.

If you dont have a good knowledge of baitcasters I would highly recommend not taking it apart yourself.

Minnetonka Outdoors will put one in and have the reel ready for pick up in a couple days most of the time. The older 6500 c3 reels had a wimpy clicker in them, the newer ones are better. They usually put the newer ones in when they replace them.

They are in Shoreview(next to excelsior) on Hwy 7.

They're not too complicated and I could point you to a site that would show you step by step how to do it, but I would get banned for life, I fear.

On a related note, is there anyway to put a clicker in a reel that doesn't already have one.....Abu 5500C? I'm guessing with the price of these reels, it would not be worth the time and effort, if it is even possible, but I thought I'd give it a crack.

Joel

Sure is, jnelson. I'll e-mail you something.

Hey Ralph can you send it to me as well. I would be interested in doing the same if possible too.

Thanks

Quote:

Hey Ralph can you send it to me as well. I would be interested in doing the same if possible too.

Thanks

Sent.

Thank You Sir.

Looks like a simple enough little project.

Yes,it is very easy to take apart and the clicker arm is broke.I called Abu and they said send it in and they would fix it for free,warranty and have it shipped back in 1 week for sure.They were excellent to talk and work with.A+++++

Quote:

They were excellent to talk and work with.A+++++

I hope it works out well for you.

I told them that if they would send me the part that I would install it and they told me that there was also a upgrade they were going to do to it so off it goes.