Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Fishing Report Clubs - LIMITED MEMBERSHIP - Join Today - FREE   01/24/2018

Fishing Minnesota had added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. We are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20  members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want fishing reports  around your area, I would Join Now, some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
setterguy

Now is the time to condition for fall trips (you and the dog)

setterguy

With legal hunting just more than a month a way now is the time to get those dogs out and let them gain some stamina before the season kicks in. It probably wouldn't hurt most of us either to get out and do a little walking to get the legs ready for the year. Mornings and evenings will be cooler, remember to not over do it with the dogs as they need some time to get back into shape. Even if your dog is not overwieght it does take time to get the legs and lungs back in prime condition.

gspman

You beat me to it. Just started this last night. I definitely need it more than the dog though blush.gif

311Hemi

You guys do anything special for this?

My dog will be 4 weeks past surgery in a week and can start full activity again. He's been locked up in the house and on leash for the past 3 weeks. Can't wait to let him out!!

gspman

311 Hemi,

Here's a link to a post I made on roading your dog to build muscle and endurance Building muscle and endurance. Not sure if lab trainers road their dogs or not but pointer trainers definitely do this.

311Hemi

Thanks for the link. My pup is about 15 months old and just had surgery for ED in one elbow and also has mild HD in both hips.

Would you still recomend this?

This doesn't teach them to pull when on leash, does it?

gspman

Don't know if I'd recommend or not. Labs4Me might have an opinion. I'd probably call your vet too. Generally pointers don't have joint issues like HD so I don't have much experience in that dept.

Johnny_Namakan

I started a couple weeks ago myself. Now the only problem is she doesn't want to quit. When we wake up in the morning I let her out to use the bathroom and the first thing she does is run to the spot where I throw her dummies from, sits down, and stares at me. It's 5:00 in the morning and she wants to train. I would throw for her too, but I don't want her to go back in the house and drink a bunch of water and then have to hold it all day. After work we head out to a nearby snowmobile trail and run for an hour or so. She's in better shape than me, that's for sure! smile.gif