• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Hubert

Hi All, I'm new to the board, had a question about Lake Hubert. I'm heading up soon and was wondering what is hitting? I don't know much about the lake so historically is it a better smallie lake? I'd love to bring in some Walleye as well. Any advise would be appreciated.

Hubert is a great bass lake, mostly largemouths but you catcha few smallies mixed in. The walleye fishing is a little tough on Hubert. The population isn't what it was a one time. For walleyes I suggest making the trip over to Gull lake. Our guides have had some great trips on Gull this summer and the bite is showing no signs of slowing down. If you need some advice when you arrive be sure to stop in. Good Luck.

Jason Erlandson

Thanks Jason, What is the best plan of attack for bass on Hubert. I will be in a boat sometimes but will also be doing a lot of casting from the dock.

Most of the bass are hanging out on the deep weedlines. I like to fish a weedless jig like a weed weasle tipped with a lively minnow or a jig and plastic worm. There is also some great fishing under and around the docks. Early mornings are good before people start moving around and the fish get spooked. Have fun.

Jason Erlandson