Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Logman

Where they bitin'?

5 posts in this topic

I'm heading up to Cascade Camps with the guys on Thursday. Looking for any ideas or information/suggestions about where the walleye are biting. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Logman

Hey Logman, Was just up in the area last weekend. Fish are goin good on crawlers, look at the post for august 3-6 for more details. We mainly fished the 20-25 fow, anything adjacent to deep water. Trolling deep in the 60 foot range over the top of the smelt pods really worked for the northerns and a couple of eye's using deep diving cranks to get into the 30 fow range. Hope this helps, SB

P.S. Say hi to Bob and Joe for me!

Thanks for the help. I've only been to Rainy a couple of times and have truly enjoyed it. It does seem overwhelming to a guy who is used to small lakes in Wisconsin. I have problems just finding a place to start with all that beautiful water and with small boats and limited electronics it is a little intimidating! Thanks again.

I think Super Black had a point especially if you don't know where to start. Tie a #9 Rapala with a split shot 18" up the line start near any island and drive- when you pick a fish up through a marker out and focus on it until your satisfied or move on. The fish in Rainy can be caught suspended in 15 ft to 90 ft (or more). This technique alows you to cover massive areas in a short time to find active fish, once you find something you can fine tune your techniques.

Thanks for some more info. I'll put it to use with all the other stuff I've found on your wonderful and helpful site. I think I'm to excited to sleep - wish I was there already!! grin.gif