• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anoka County Pheasants Forever Youth Day

CodyDawg

We will be hosting our 8th annual Youth Activity Day on Saturday, August 26th, at Beaverbrook Gun Club in Cedar, MN (think East Bethel if you don't know where Cedar is). This event is FREE to kids. We will feed them lunch, give them a Tshirt and let them partake in the following activities:

Trap shooting

.22 rilfe shooting

Pellet gun shooting

Archery

Orienteering

Shoot/Don't Shoot course

Blood Trail

Casting demonstrations and contests

Muzzleloader demos

Dog demos (pretty sure on this one, haven't confirmed yet)

Trapping demos

Live Raptors from the MN Raptor Center

Ducks-on-a-Stick from the USFWS

Conservation Officer and K9 officer

Camping essentials

and more.

We are really trying to get kids there who have not had a chance to experience these type of activities. By making it free and getting the word out, we hope to have well over 200 kids (we had 185 last year). I would like to ask a few things from you folks.....

1. Let me know if our advertising reaches you and how (so we can evaluate the $$ we stick into advertising)

2. Pass the word about the event. I have a flyer is anyone is interested in it.

3. If you can, load up a carload of kids and bring them to the event, and lastly....

4. If anyone would like to volunteer either their time to help at the event, or merchandise to give to the kids or $$ to help pay for 20 ga shells, let me know.

Please keep this in mind folks as this is a great event that is FREE for kids. Lotsa stuff to do!