Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
IFallsRon

St. Cloud to have archery deer hunt

IFallsRon    0
IFallsRon

Archers will hunt deer within the city limits of St. Cloud this fall, after a unanimous City Council decision Monday to allow the hunt.

City Council members voted to authorize a limited bow-and-arrow hunt in two spots in the city, to run from Sept. 16 until the end of the year.

A lottery will select 40 hunters who will be allowed to set up stands in Plum Creek Regional Park and near the Minnesota Correctional Facility — St. Cloud.

Hunters must pass a proficiency test and agree to the city’s restrictions, Health and Housing Director Dave Popken said.

The hunt should not upset normal city life, and no special markings warning of the hunt should be necessary, he said.

“Bow hunters are usually very quiet, stealthy people,” he said. “Most of us won’t even know they’re there.”

About 50 St. Cloud residents petitioned in September 2005 for action to control deer overpopulation in the city.

Residents complained of their property being damaged by deer. Munsinger and Clemens Gardens have recorded deer damage.

An aerial survey the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources conducted found areas of the city have a deer population of 57 to 85 deer per square mile, compared with five to 20 deer per square mile in rural parts of the state.

City Council members created a deer management policy this spring that allows for archery hunting in conjunction with the state’s big-game season.

The hunt is being kept small for the first year, but it could be opened up in the future, Popken said.

Applications can be obtained at City Hall or on the city’s Web site and are due Aug. 22, he said.

BLACKJACK    3
BLACKJACK

The only problem with these special hunts is that you end up using one of your regular tags. If they were setup as a 'bonus tag', I think you'd see more participation.

chucker34    0
chucker34

And I would suppose special restrictions means this must be an earn a buck hunt? Which isn't all bad, but just wondering? I heard about this over the past few months but haven't seen any more information about the hunt itself. I guess I'd have to do some work and actually call the city. grin.gif

tealitup    1
tealitup

The St. Cloud Times had an article about the hunt in the paper. On the Internet they have a chat section for persons to comment on the paper. Unreal how many people are against this hunt. One person actually said "I live two blocks from the hunting area - I am scared I will get hit with an arrow"

IFallsRon    0
IFallsRon

The Euforians who post on the comment section have no clue.

lawdog    0
lawdog

I was in Red Wing when we started the City hunt there. People who don't know anything about hunting, or are against it, are just nuts and completely ridiculous in their statements. I remember one lady who had a daycare which was not really even close to the hunting area and she was going to sue the City for putting her kids at risk and threatening her business if we started an archery hunt. Its sad how clueless some people are!!!

lcornice    0
lcornice

You can use bonus permits on the St. Cloud hunt.

Finlander    0
Finlander

Yup, gotta watch out for dem der rickosheyon arrows!

They can go 5-6 miles fer sure and kill sumtin!

Hunter safety should be taught in schools when children are 12 years of age so they can see the real deal of hunting weapons! Not a misconception of some hoyty-toyty uninformed parent who thinks all weapons of hunting are terrorists in the woods! What a bunch of you know what! shocked.gif

rattlem'up    0
rattlem'up

I put in my application for the st. cloud hunt. The tag is a bonus tag that is $10 which you buy from the st.cloud health department. The proficiency test is from an elevation of 5 feet or more from 20 yards you have to place 5 outa 6 arrows with broadheads in a 9 in circle. If you get chosen and pass the test an antlerless deer has to be taken before any antlered deer. The test is held on sept. 9th i believe and the apps have to be in by either the 22nd or the 25th.

roosterslayer    0
roosterslayer

Ralltem'up you got it right the apps have to be in by the 22nd of this month and the drwing for the hunt is on the 25th. my app is in. also this is only my opinion, but 5 out of 6 arrows in a 9" circle at 20 yards. for a special hunt or not if a person cant hit a 9" circle at 20 yards five times, i think that the person should take the year off of hunting and practice more. I shoot6 almost everyday right getting ready for bear and i prefer ti get at leaset 5 out of six arrows in a 6" circle at 30. so again this is only my opinion so i hope i didn't tick anybody off!

lcornice    0
lcornice

The $10 fee is an application fee charged by the city to administer the hunt. It is not a valid permit to take and tag a deer. You'll need either an antlerless tag from your all-season license or a bonus permit ($14) to take antlerless deer during the hunt. Good luck to all who participate.