Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hitthebricks

Are the fish bitting?

3 posts in this topic

I'm looking to get out Thurs. eve. and was wondering how the bite was last weekend. Thanks HTB

Drifted leeches and night crawlers on the flats, pulled cranks on the flats, slip bobbered rockpile after dark, slip bobbered on the flats after dark, zero walleyes.

So they should be really hungry by Thursday!

I was up on Sunday and we did really good. From what I witnessed and what others have told me, you just have to work hard and find the right spot where they are biting. Sorry I can't offer more info.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• fish_hunt_guy
      That seems to be the case alot at Lundeens unfortunately
    • geliason
      Just got back from 2 days out of Walleye Retreat. Fishing wasn't on fire, but we ended up with a limit for 5 guys and a nice fish fry. Walleyes were 2:1 over saugers and most were in the 14-15" range. The keeper saugers were 14"-17". We fished in 29 FOW and had steady action throughout the day, with most of it being 10:00-3:00. Biggest walleyes 19 and 23 were 8' off the bottom. As others have posted, we had LOTS of lookers, who would not commit. Hottest bait was a plain red hook for deadstick and a small, gold "Slender Spoon". That caught 70% of the fish. I know others out of the resort struggled, so luck continues to be the variable.
    • BassThumb.
      It really slowed down since this warm-up began last week. The fish seem more scattered now. I think they're on the move to deeper haunts. I bet it'll pick up shortly since this is a stable warm front. 
    • jwmiller33
      Nice work Frank. I look forward to the day that I can say that I am fishing a lake that I fished 30 years ago.
    • monstermoose78
      This year I will be able to leave Finn at home, so I can fish. @Cret Jigs @Shack Anyone I missed come and join the fun. Let's get this set so we have time draw a crowd!