Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Outdoors_guy

Garza called up

29 posts in this topic

Matt Garza was called up after they sent Smith back to AAA. Garza will be pitching friday against Toronto. Now we will be able to see what he is capabale of doing in the Big league.

Ok boys, speculation is over. Its go time for the kid.

Good deal. Can't wait to see him pitch. Where did you hear that though, I can't find it anywhere?

It would be awesome. I have not seen anything about this though. Where did you hear this or see it????

That would be nice. Though I can't find anything official on it. Nothing on KFAN, Twins site, or any other SPorts site.

That was the plan give Smith a shot "seeya" and then Bring up Garza.

This is going to be fun guys, I think we are the Favorites for the Wild Card now... shocked.gif

Go Twins..... grin.gif

Remember there are no guarantees! You guys act like he's a Cy Young pitcher already... I am excited as well and I doubt he could be any worse than what we have(had). Guess time will tell!

Hmmm I have not found anything about Garza being called up, as of 2pm Smith still on active roster.. Will have to watch the game tonight for more information..

yeah I can't find anything, where did this rumor come from?

WOnder if its just wishful thinking right now.

Quote:

Matt Garza was called up after they sent Smith back to AAA. Garza will be pitching friday against Toronto. Now we will be able to see what he is capabale of doing in the Big league.

Outdoors guy, Was this speculation?

Listening to KFAN right now and they are all speculation on who starts on Friday. I would think if it was announced KFAn would have heard about it and then they wouldn't be ttrying to figure out who starts.

Its got to be speculation.

Well i reread the article and i guess it says all signs of another roster move. Hopefully they make that move. My fault for stating the wrong facts.

I was going to say I read the link and it made no mention of him being called up.

The article said that " all signs point to another roster change" does not say that Garza has been called up. You can all sit back down guys.. besides why would you call up a player on Monday for a Friday game?

Looked like you were reading way, way, way between the lines.

According to KFAN Garza pitches again on Wednesday, if he makes that start you can scratch him for starting on Friday for the Twins. If he skips Wednesday I am sure he is heading to meat the team in Toronto.

It looks like Garza is scheduled to start on Wednesday for Rochester. If we are gonna call him up to start on Friday, he won't pitch Wednesday. They will make a decision by then and if we don't see him pitch Wednesday, then it's a pretty sure bet he'll be up with the big club.

Mike Smith is not an option IMO.

P.S. The Nationals just moved Livan Hernandez to the Diamondbacks for 2 pitching prospects.

Quote:

According to KFAN Garza pitches again on Wednesday, if he makes that start you can scratch him for starting on Friday for the Twins. If he skips Wednesday I am sure he is heading to meat the team in Toronto

BINGO!! We'll know by Wednesday.

My speculation is they will give Smith one more chance to start and then if he stinks again-- they will pull the switch. They really want Garza to have a little seasoning in AAA first I think. The twins have been giving the young pitchers a few starts each in the past to see what they are made of-- can't go by only one start. Bonser and Baker both had several chances before the recent ones. We will see........ smile.gif

Very interesting situation. We really can't afford to lose that many more games and stay in the WC hunt, especially with doubts now about Liriano and his MRI coming up. On the other side, we need to not push a possible "Liriano" into action to fast and risk to injury or lack of confidnece.

In my OP--- we can't beat around the bush-- bring Garza up and give him a chance- just like giving the reins to a rookie QB--- let'em learn the best way-- playing agst the best in the world.

The Twins announced today that prominent minor league pitching prospect Matt Garza has been promoted to the major leagues and will join the team in Detroit on Tuesday night.

mnwild where'd you see that? It's not on the Twins site or MLB or ESPN?

Yep, just seen it too.

They really had no other choice in my opinion. He's gonna get thrown into the fire whether he likes it or not.

Hope he's up to it!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• leech~~

Posted

2 hours ago, JBMasterAngler said:

Drove all the way up to grindstone this morning from Forest Lake. As I'm driving along the shoreline, I can't stop admiring how beautiful of a day it is, and how great it will be to be on the water. Was totally amped up to fish for some trout! Then I pull up to the boat launch...and it's closed down! :mad: This dredging project has been pushed back for years, then they finally decide to do it on a beautiful sunny day, that I picked to come here...on the last day of the lake trout season nonetheless! Needless to say, I was very upset! 

Could have throw a line off the south shore since you were all the way up there. :(

• easyrider25

Posted

Hey guys thanks for the tips.  What you are saying really makes sense.  I have been working on these items this week, not expecting a completely changed dog out there but looking forward to continued exercises this weekend out in the blind.

• JBMasterAngler

Posted

Drove all the way up to grindstone this morning from Forest Lake. As I'm driving along the shoreline, I can't stop admiring how beautiful of a day it is, and how great it will be to be on the water. Was totally amped up to fish for some trout! Then I pull up to the boat launch...and it's closed down! :mad: This dredging project has been pushed back for years, then they finally decide to do it on a beautiful sunny day, that I picked to come here...on the last day of the lake trout season nonetheless! Needless to say, I was very upset! 

• papadarv

Posted

1 hour ago, delcecchi said:

I bet the state, not the political cronies, would get a lot more money by having the auction on the internet or allowing phone bids.  Heck, put them on the bay of E. 

Actually DMV and DNR do quite well at their auctions. You win bid, You Pay, You own. No red tape, no collection process, simple and things seem to sell for quite a bit of money. Go and one see for yourself, its quite amazing. Lots of them at the Arden Hills DMV. Hard to collect money over the phone and on the internet. I do believe they will use the same auction process for this property sale as the DMV and DNR are good at it and a lot of buyers will be there. If the internet were to be used, the "political cronies" would need to create a bill, Ear Mark several million to develop a site, create an app, hire 40 to 50 people to manage and than increase taxes to cover the cost much like Obama Care Not a good plan. If your interested, go to auction, bring lots of money, win a bid and own.

2016 MN auction schedule if your interested in going to one.

http://mn.gov/admin/citizen/surplus-property/auctions/schedule/

• SpecialK

Posted

They were dredging there today. Not sure if they are done or if it will take longer.

• the weather has not been good this past week either, but fishing was still do able. Pike island is a popular spot and I am sure you can find fish there. Gold is. would be worth a try as would the area around the wolf pack. We had 4 nice walleye today and a great fish fry tonight. Heading home in the morning for the season. so good luck

• I bet we will end up going to red trying to convince the couple guys that dont like sleepers for some reason that a 10x24 sleeper is just like a cabin and that we can bring 2 portables to bounce around if we want. Dont really need a guide ill probably allready have gone there 3-4 times before this trip.... Maybe superior will freeze good this year and I can convince them to go there i guess I just get kinda bored or red sometimes

• delcecchi

Posted

I bet the state, not the political cronies, would get a lot more money by having the auction on the internet or allowing phone bids.  Heck, put them on the bay of E. 

• delcecchi

Posted

On 9/13/2016 at 4:37 PM, loadmaster said:

Well, got out of the hospital and rehab a couple of weeks ago, Its been a long haul went in on Feb 15, with some massive heart attacks.   Starting to feel better and have hit Fish a couple of times.  Thought I would check out the site and see if traffic has picked up,  Sorry to say not much different, a lot of lookers as usual and not a lot of posters

Been there and done that.... Not the site but the hospital etc

• certified jumbo

Posted

In northwest Wisconsin 26 hunting dogs have already been killed this late summer.   Already breaking the record of 23.  Be careful in the northland.

• leech~~
      Could have throw a line off the south shore since you were all the way up there.
    • easyrider25
      Hey guys thanks for the tips.  What you are saying really makes sense.  I have been working on these items this week, not expecting a completely changed dog out there but looking forward to continued exercises this weekend out in the blind.
    • JBMasterAngler
      Drove all the way up to grindstone this morning from Forest Lake. As I'm driving along the shoreline, I can't stop admiring how beautiful of a day it is, and how great it will be to be on the water. Was totally amped up to fish for some trout! Then I pull up to the boat launch...and it's closed down!  This dredging project has been pushed back for years, then they finally decide to do it on a beautiful sunny day, that I picked to come here...on the last day of the lake trout season nonetheless! Needless to say, I was very upset! 
    • papadarv
      Actually DMV and DNR do quite well at their auctions. You win bid, You Pay, You own. No red tape, no collection process, simple and things seem to sell for quite a bit of money. Go and one see for yourself, its quite amazing. Lots of them at the Arden Hills DMV. Hard to collect money over the phone and on the internet. I do believe they will use the same auction process for this property sale as the DMV and DNR are good at it and a lot of buyers will be there. If the internet were to be used, the "political cronies" would need to create a bill, Ear Mark several million to develop a site, create an app, hire 40 to 50 people to manage and than increase taxes to cover the cost much like Obama Care Not a good plan. If your interested, go to auction, bring lots of money, win a bid and own. 2016 MN auction schedule if your interested in going to one. http://mn.gov/admin/citizen/surplus-property/auctions/schedule/
    • SpecialK
      They were dredging there today. Not sure if they are done or if it will take longer.