Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SFBOY

Lake Michigan

1 post in this topic

Was just home visiting my parents over the weekend. Took the kids out on Saturday night. There were 2 to 3 footers out there and we lasted about 45 minutes trolling. I guess the 6 and 8 year olds havent had enough experience to get their sea legs/stomachs. Had to turn around and head back in when the vomiting began. We were just starting to mark a bunch of fish in 90 feet just at the edge of the bank out of Sturgeon Bay. The report is that the fish are biting very well at the moment if you can stay out there longer than we did. I felt pretty bad for the kids but hopefully next time it will be a little bit calmer out there.

As a side note, the perch are biting pretty well in the bay with quite a few fish in the 10 to 12 inch range if you were looking for something to do during the day. We finally found a good use for the small gobies. The perch love them. We could catch a few dozen gobies in the 2 to 3" range and the perch just gobbled them.

Good luck to anyone headed up there. With the salmon derby just completed, there are few boats out there right now, which is nice.