Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RangerDog

Lake Minnewashta Bass

4 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone has any info on how the Bass have been hitting on Minnewashta. Thanks for any info!!

Its been bad for me the last two time i've been out, 3 fish trips. I can tell you one thing they aren't on the deep weedlines.

Get in the slop and I mean in the slop my boy. Fish the small openings in the lilly pads for the 5-6lb pigs. I like the senko or tube but a nice scum frog will work as well.

Don't be surprised if you tangle with many pike as well. They are there my friend and there are some pigs. I have got many 22" or larger pigs from old mini...Can be hard to fish at times but there is a great population so large bass

Yep, I kind of figured that is where they are at, but I hate fishign if I can help it, last year the deep weedlines on that lake were crazy, I had many 20-25 fish days with real nice fish all schooled up, but man this year for some reason I can't buy a fish in that deep stuff.