Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cicada

Big Sand

5 posts in this topic

I have a high school classmate coming up this week and he might want to take his son to Big Sand. I don't need spots as I have fished it before but could anyone tell me if they have been getting any walleyes and what depth to start with?

We would be hitting it Wednesday and I will post a report if we do, in fact, give it a try.

Thanks

its been pretty quite out there this year the report i have heard were 15 feet or so in the weeds with leeches and crawlers. Jonah

Thanks, gives us a place to start.

My buddy, his son and one of his friends tried Big Sand on Monday night. They caught a bunch of pretty nice bluegills and some perch but no walleyes. He had had enough of that so they came over here to DL and we fished Tamarack for largemouth. Thanks for your help though.

had a friend fish bigsand the other day and he caught four walleyes fishing deeper in 25-33 feet of water, all sloters tho. The high water temps might be causing them to move deeper, also had his best success with leeches