Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
angler903

mussky with shadling on nest

12 posts in this topic

I hooked up with a BIG musky on Nest. Had it to boat twice, danced twice got 13seconds of video with digital camera, then knot came loose.

So anyone see musky with blue shadling (type of crankbait) dead take measurements and let me know.

I never caught a 50" fish but this thing had to break that mark.

oh oh watch the boat landing fill up now, not many people new that secret but the locals. those fish were stocked in there many years ago when i was a kid and im 42 now, i once was out there with some freinds, we had a king fisher that would keep flying around the boat till we would throw a dead minnow out in the water. well we were getting ready to leave so we threw all the dead minnows out in the water and that king fisher would pick up as many as he could at one time. well he came back for the second mouth full and when he was picking up a fish a musky came right out of the water and grabed the bird, it was an awsume sight for that bird never did come back up.

There aren't enough musky's in there to fish if you ask me. It was only a few that got out when the DNR ponds in New London flooded and a few musky's got out. Defienetly not a fishable population

nope theres not but there still there and they have reproduced.

Eyehead, I would agree that any muskies in nest lake are rare. If they don't show up in DNR nets then not to popular. But then they don't show up in to many surveys due to the nets used. Harriet lake, in Minneapolis only had 1 and guys beat that lake up hard. I have caught several muskies on harriet my largest was 44.

i really don't know how many are in there because i don't fish muskie, but i have seen them caught there a couple different times. so im going to agree with you guys that it wouldn't be a lake to go looking for muskie. man im so use to the quiet lakes in southern minnesota, then i moved north and the lakes keep getting worse with jet ski's, skiers, and people that have no cares about the fisherman. that is why i started to fish private lakes, and catfishing.

jigginjim and all other fisher people, check out my question in the mille lacs forum,(big fish in private lakes) not many people with answeres, and we all know why. that is why they call them private. if it is not in the dnr lake finder for people to get info what can a person say. and i have been whatching and there has been over 100 people that has veiwed this with only a couple comments.

I have fished that lake pretty hard for about 4 years for Pike. I caught quite a few nice ones and some big ones. But in that time I have never caught a muskie. I may of had a follow one time but you really can't tell underwater.

My biggest pike out of there is 39".

In that time I only heard of 2 muskies being caught. One was a 51" (or something) and the other was a small one caught at a resort.

I also have heard of people spearing what they thought was a average size pike that turned out to be a muskie too. They are there, just not a lot.

BTW, Green Lake also has muskies in it.

I bet that was pretty interesting scott. fishng with the wife??

we should get out sometime this fall and do some fishing.

Tara was with and she and I both where scared when the thing came to the surface. The scariest thing I've ever saw was when the musky opened it mouth and shook as it jumped. just huge!!!

did you get anything else?

we should head out to lqp again this fall

caught a few bluegills and a crappie all close but not big enough for this time of year (don't feel like cleaning 7"ers yet.