Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Browningbolt

Brule Lake report

4 posts in this topic

got back frm brule this tuesday, we did great, this was only my 2nd time in the bwca, but we caught lots of walleyes on a hump in the middle of the lake, between 15 and 25 feet jigging gumball jigs and whistler jigs with leeches. most of the walleyes were beween 12 and 17, with a few in the low 20's and one 25". Smallies were also bitting hard, with lots of them in the 10-13' range. Good luck to those goin out,

Congrats man! Sounds like you must have had some great shore lunches. Man my mouth is watering just thinking about it. tongue.gif

Browningbolt, thanks for the report which is also proof that yes Brule does have eyes and they can be caught. grin.gif

i also got back yesterday from brule and south temperance. no walleye, but a ton of smallies, and some northerns. lots of smallies biting while trolling near shore on brule. northerns in weeds and on edges. northerns werent huge, but a few good eaters and they tasted real good. ate bass one day also. my first bass and it wasnt too bad. not my favorite though. all in all, pretty good for what i was expecting in august.