Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wallter

Garage Rod Storage Idea's

6 posts in this topic

Need a way to store my rods. I thought I had it figured out by putting them in the rafters of my pole barn. I'm guessing that the amount of dust getting in my reels is going to shorten their life spam. I need idea's especially PICTURES of what you all are doing. Thanks.

Just get the Berkely rod holders at any sporting goods store and put 'em up. You can fit 8 in each one, I believe. You can put them up horizontal or vertical. Works for me...

I made this from some 1x2's

HPIM0584a.jpg

I find gun racks at garage sales for few cents and use thenm to store my rods

Go buy a 6-8" pvc pipe and a couple caps. You won't be able to store the reels on the rods this way but it will keep your rods safe and secure! An old briefcase with some foam will usually do the trick for the reels. I use alot of my summer reels for icefishing so the rod storage is a bit easier for me. Just an idea.

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

Quote:

Just get the Berkely rod holders at any sporting goods store and put 'em up. You can fit 8 in each one, I believe. You can put them up horizontal or vertical. Works for me...

I do this but the pvc seems like a great idea using a suitcase w/ foam for reels :-)

Would the cold harm reels at all?