Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eric

Red River Help?

4 posts in this topic

I would like some basic information on boat landings, bait shops that have catfish equipment and bait. Which boat should I bring; a 16.5 with 40 horse prop or 12 jon 5 hp? Also are there any guides that can help me get started on the red. I am willing to trade information. I fish the Mississippi down to pool 4 for Flatheads, walleyes, and saugers. Also central MN for anything that swims.

Hey Eric-

Which part of the Red River are you looking to fish? Fargo area? Grand Forks area? Drayton area? further north?

If you are looking for a guide to show you the ropes, I'd contact Rusty Miller of Wiskers Guiding Service Wiskers Guiding Service. Rusty is from my hometown and is a great guy & catfisherman. Plus he fishes out of a RiverPro jetboat which is well worth the price of admission!

How have you been doing on Flatheads this summer?

Eric, lots of info right here in the archives of this Red river forum. Some of us have been posting for years and you'll find lot's of topic's that have all the info you are seeking. Coming into my favorite time of season for the BIG Cats here soon.

Spend a bit of time browsing thru posts from the past few seasons and you'll have a good grasp of the haps, ways and means.

fiskyknut

Thanks guys, during June pre-spawn I had alot of fun fishing flatheads. Biggest being 31 lbs. The channel cats have been going nuts on the Horseshoe chain by Cold Spring. On the chain it a numbers thing. Although there are a few 8-12 pounders taken every year.