Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fichinforfun

Lake Odowd

12 posts in this topic

I am about to hit this lake up again. I havnt been on it for a few months and the Northern were great! Any luck lately? What is bitting in this crazy hot weather?

Had a small club tournament on odowd today(six boats). First place was an amazing six fish for over 26 lbs!! They had three fish over five lbs, it was really something to see. All in all the club weighed in 6 fish over 5 lbs with the biggest being 5.39. My partner and I took second with what I thought was a respectable 16.5 lbs, only ten lbs behind the winners. All of the bigger fish were caught on crankbaits out in 8-10 ft of water, or on the edge of the pads with a pop-r

oly, that's impressive If you don't mind telling what color cranks were they using. I only ask because I don't use them and just wondering on color and size.

All of my fish came on a bomber fat free shad. I caught about ten fish over fourteen inches on it. It was the only thing I caught fish on. My dad also was using fat free shads and he had the big fish of the day at 5.39. I believe he was using the chartruese and white in the deeper diving model it can get down 14 ft or so. My partner was using a blue and chrome risto rap but he didnt catch as many or as large of fish as me and my dad got on the fat free shads. My old man uses crankbaits alot and I know he uses the bombers fat free shads almost exclusively so I would definetly recommend them if you are looking to get some good deeper diving cranks. As far as color goes it didnt seem to matter but i generally use brighter colors because I usually only throw cranks in dirty water

That is exactly what we were using early summer. We have an older boat with rod holders and we cast about 100ft out and troll slowely around the lake. The best spots have been the dropoff by the rock pile and the smaller island in the middle of the lake. At times we would pull in 4-5lb pike every 15 mins. I plan to hit the lake wed night and maybe even friday. What spots have been producing and if anyone is going to be out there and you see an old runabout boat with a lime green strip stop on by. The ss ghetto blaster will produce!

oly, where on the lake were you catching them and were you using mono or braid on your cranks. Thanks alot for the info. Are there weeds where you and your dad were catching them or was it open water.

What up JR grin.gifgrin.gif

who's JR

The notorious OLY!

I was using braided line, power pro to be exact. The areas where my partner and i caught fish there was scattered weeds but mostly pretty clean. The key seemed to be to find areas that were rocky out in 7-10 ft. What up bassin, I'm guessing that your the notorious BW

I don't know about notorious. But yes.

I'm telling your dad when I see him this weekend that your going around calling him an "old man" wink.gif

Anyone have a recent report for bass from O'Dowds?

Thanks.