• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing partner Quotes......

Up at smittys on snowbank. I asked " where are the fish bitting"? Response by owner " mostly in the mouth"

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bobby Bass

• percherman

• cold one sd

• Eric Wettschreck

Way back on Big Sag in the BWCA. Upon return to camp

see the other fellas working on a guy's motor.

"Know anything bout @#!@# outboards!!"

Picture on face = PRICELESS!!!

I was fishing with a couple friends once from the bank with crawlers on slip rigs... I reeled in my line and said "oh man, all my crawlers are gone". My buddy then ask's "did they crawl out of the bucket?" crazy.gif I still tease him about it today, it's probably alot funnier if you were there.

9th hour of fishing, 5th spot on the 'sippi, way too many beers, pure silence between us last 2.5 hours..

him: so what do you REALLY think flatheads eat?

I woke up and laughed so hard i got turdle-head.

(EXCITED!) The Minnow Bucket!!!, What? The Minnow Bucket!!, as its bouncing off your transom and flying 5'in the air on take off.

Not fishing partner quotes, but they do apply to the outdoors...years ago one of the brothers-in-law asked if we went to Southern Minnesota for pheasant hunting because the pheasants went south for the winter....Another in-law on the other halfs side qouted as saying the reason red squirrels in his area were that way was because of the "iron in the water they drink" smirk.gifsmirk.gif

On a trip up to Vergas. We went to the local tavern. I sat down next to a couple of old timers and asked if the fish where bitting. The old guy next to me looks at me straight faced and say's "gob of nightcrawler 12 feet of water on a hulla popper". After I got back on my stool I looked at him and said good one he came back with "no really".

I still use it to this day.

Great read guy's keep it up.

Sifty

welll two i remember most are. fishing is a jerk on one end waiting for a jerk on the other end. and, they are biting straight out from shore. ... paul

"Hey Dick, can we buy minnows one at a time?"

"There's no fish in this lake" same guy.

On the Horseshoe chain... As I pull up the rear anchor,

holler up front "You got the anchor in"? "Yes,it's in"

Proceed to motor back to dock. Motor very unresponsive.

In fact have lost five to six hundred RPM's. Start thinking

how much this dang thing is gonna cost me?? Finally get

back to dock. From up front,"Know whats wrong with your

motor" as he pulls in the front anchor!!

whether it's stopping at a spot, pulling up to a dock, or loading the boat. the initial quote from my parter is, "coming in hot!" usually followed by a "thud!" of some sort and me laughing and looking for fresh scratches on the boat.

I've got too many good ones to count although me and my buddies would probally be the only ones to find them funny.

My daughter at the young age of 5 "Dad I hear one jerking",,about 5 minutes later she did catch a 3 lb smallie

Randoid

"Coming Out" my friend would always say this just as he would rip what ever lure he just got caught in a tree, reed or Lilly pad, usually he would be ducking as it zipped by heading in my direction..

after flyin from the south end of mille lacs out to the flats it here from the back of the boat "sure this boat is seaworthy?" my reply was "better keep that jacket on"

Fishing on the Minong all day, 12 plus hours. We had five legal eyes in the well with some crappies coming off the water. I had caught three leagals , my buddy two.

Approached by game warden at the landing, who apparantly had been watching us with binocs for a few hours as we caught and released many smaller eyes on slips. He asks what we have, I tell him five eyes, one short of our limit. He points to the sign and says "limit is two per guy this year". My buddy and I turned pure white. It had been three the year before and we didn't check the sign.

He starts grilling us (to make us sweat). We are very nervous. This goes on for a few minutes and we are really freaking out, he's talking about hundrends of dollars in fines, etc. We are both ethical to a fault. Finally he lets me take one of the eyes and put it back in the lake.

As he is walking away and we are getting in the truck, my buddy looks at me and says:

"You meat hog!"

Early Saturday morning after a rough Friday night, my buddy throws up over the side of the boat and then asks me if chumming is legal in South Dakota. Made my day. Don't know about his. grin.gif

Fishing Blanch Lake near Otter tail. Buddies family used to have a family Bass tourney the day B4 eye opener. blush.gif It was a big family get together, strictly all catch and release, a traveling trophy with toilet paper holder and all.

My buddy and I are in his boat casting top-water buzz-baits on the south side of the lake, catching Bass hand over fist when I notice a boat coming across the lake toward us. My buddy says, "that's my brother and his buddy, lets pay no attention to them." Little did we know it was the DNR.

He pulls up and grabs the boat and my buddy says.

"Its about time you showed up A/Hole." blush.gif

That set the tone for some interesting questions LIKE,

You fellas been drinking? And this was my favorite, REMEMBER, we have large buzz baits on.

What are you guys fishing for? My friend, without even missing a beat or even smirking tells the officer, CRAPPIE!

I thought I was going to crappie in my pants!! laugh.gif

He didn't buy it and said you guys must be in this local Bass tourney. You know its illegal to fish for a species when the species season is closed and let us off with a warning. He has been really good to that family over the years and doesn't bother them during their tourney. He fishes with the father of the family who owns a cabin on Blanch.

Anyone who says DNR or GFP officers dont have a sence of humor or patience, should think again.

Fishing on Kabetogama in about 1971 or 1972. I was 9 or 10 and we were fishing with my dad and my maternal grandfather, who had never been walleye fishing before and had seen one too many bass fishing shows, hooks a perch and is horsing it in like a LM Bass. He doesn't realize how close to the surface it is and rears back on the rod one more time and the fish breaks the water, flies over the boat and lands on the other side of the boat in the water. My little brother (About 7 or 8 at the time)hollers, "What kind of fish was that?" My Dad, not missing a beat, replied, "A flying fish." Both Dad and Grandpa are gone now, but we still tell that story every year when we are up there and it has become a favorite of my kids.

While on the water having a successful day catching crappies, my buddy watched the bobber go down and set the hook. His eyes got wide and he said, "This is not a crappie!" Turned out to be a 4 pound largemouth bass. To this day when we catch a big fish we ask "Is it a crappie?" and of course the standard response: This is NOT a crappie.

Crew of 7 or 8 buddies going out on the water early morning to find a campsite in the BWCA. Lake is absolutely glass flat. Sun is beating down on us, starting to get hot. The last of the fog is burning off the water. Just a gorgeous morning! One of the guys grew up in the area, and we had spent the night before visiting with one of his relatives, a local beverage distributor. Actually, we spent most of the night sitting in his relative's cooler in the warehouse drinking cans from broken cases, was a late night. Plan was to get up early to hit the water, so we didn’t get a ton of sleep. So anyway, back to the boat. Both boats were playing hopscotch down the lakeshore looking for an unoccupied campsite. One of the guys is starting to look a little green around the gills. After a while, he can't hold it back any longer, he starts chumming over the side of the boat. The rest of us in his boat being the compassionate guys we are began laughing our butts off. One of the guys in the other boat sees what is going on and yells sarcastically "what's the matter Jim?" Jim doesn't even miss a beat and between heaves yells back: "the water is too rough today!"

"DANG I THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD ONE!" As you watch your buddies A$$ crack as he's unwinding his line out of the trolling motor. laugh.gif

Whenever someone has a fish-on and loses it, my buddies says, "Long-line release".

While half way through a set of rapids in Canada, younger brother in the front of the boat watching for rocks and giving directions, older brother driving his boat. Little brother "Left.... No Right... No... AAAHHH F#$@ It!" as he sits down and the motor hits a rock

At a resort in Canada, we were on some nice walleyes all week. We meet a couple from Iowa who was struggling to get enough walleyes to eat so we offered to let them follow us. About 15 minutes into it, dad catches a 25" walleye, holds it up to show everybody, and releases it. The guy from Iowa says with disbelief "Now why in Gods name would you let a nice fish like that go?" Little brother (about 12 at the time) says "because these are walleyes, they don't reproduce as fast as the bullheads you have in Iowa!" Guy from Iowa didn't know whether to be insulted or laugh with the rest of us.

Thats got to be one of the funniest things I have ever heard! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Seriously though... I sure hope the rest of the country is catching onto the principle of "Let em Go... Let em Grow!"

No need to keep nice fish anymore with the quality of replicas they can make now!

I forget how it goes exactly, but something like:

"When it's cloudy, fish shallow and when it's sunny fish deeper. And if that don't work, do the opposite"!

i said this one we where lindying by weeds. he said GOT ONE!!! with out missing a beat I said " AHHHH just a bottom dweller"

"I can smell your pants"

one buddy drying his pants and got too close to the sunflower heater

So the lottery was over $150 million a few weeks ago and on my charter boat I say to my customers: "Boys next year were gonna have a brand new boat if I win the lottery." Just then my first mate (who is quite the character) say. "Dont have to worry about that, cause I bought the winnning lottery ticket this morning; and I told the wife when I win pack your bags! And she says: Warm or cold? Then I told her "NO,... PACK YOUR BAGS!" grin.gif My customers and I laughed for an hour! grin.gifgrin.gif