• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing partner Quotes......

Anyone out there have any hilarious, had to be there fishing partner quotes that made you laugh uncontrollably?

Here's mine ..... We were up fishing Ball lake on the English River system a month ago, and I caught this pike with a huge head and no body.....anyway I landed this beast and hauled it out of the water, and my fishig partner says "That fish has a head like a dodge truck" man did I laugh. I still laugh about it.......

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bobby Bass

• percherman

• cold one sd

• Eric Wettschreck

Buddy I went to high school with...we were fishing on the mississippi one day and as he is putting a night crawler on he looks up and says...."can you imagine if worms could scream."

Whew! " A guy would have to be awful greedy to take another whiff of that." shocked.gif Quote out fishing, from a very hungover buddy after smelling a nasty fart from chislic and deviled eggs from the bar the night B4. frown.gif

P.S Might have been the Old Mil Best Light? Squirt. Squirt.

(Not fishing but a good one)

"Opps" as my wife cut my hair for her first time as we tried to save some money by purchasing a clipper kit... and she was NOT kidding...

"We're here to fish, not to have fun!"

Said by my father to my brother and I when we had a couple too many beers on a fishing trip up north a few years back. He's very serious about his fishing...

While holding his biggest Flathead ever and asked "how's it feel" his reply......

"It's @#!$% heavy!"

If this wasn't a family site, I could post the video wink.gif

We were ice fishing and had a very large musky hanging out right under our holes, and while we were picking up to move, My friend and I were talking about eating one and I asked what it tasted like, and Ryan's quote, with a dead serious, strait face, "It taste alot like eagle." I laughed so hard I almost fell off my chair.

This is now a running joke when we talk about eating anything new.

Quote:

" A guy would have to be awful greedy to take another whiff of that."

Now thats funny!

Quote:

We're here to fish, not to have fun!

I've actually said that myself when frusterated with a screw-ball in the boat.

Quote:

Sit down! You act like a sail!

My Uncle to my Dad when Uncle Bob was Captain of the boat.

Quote:

Just let go of it, it'll float

Glug..glug...glug...Bubbles came up.

When my brother dropped the brand new, rubberized landing net over the side of the boat:

Quote:

Dude, you gotta set up your house NOW!!!

1/4 of the walk to the spot at first ice when it was -14 degrees, when the guts started to gurgle and stomp...

Quote:

Are ya' still mad I outifhsed ya'?

My brother, after the last open water trip to URL, where he caught 1 more Crappie then myself.

I remember fishing with my Dad as a kid, and when the bite was slow, he'd always say something like...

"Well boys, let's move, we're not getting rich here" or

"Geez, I wonder what Al Linder would do".

when the walleye aint bitin my grandfather says time to the music and then he turns on orchestra music and what do ya we catch fish laugh.gif

I have this line I often say when we are looking at a newly caught fish, "That fish is thinking, I feel awful, must be something I ate." Well, on a trip on Lake Michigan I say this about a salmon that was in the net. My fishing buddy goes, "Quit saying that. I`ve heard it a million times!" The guide goes, "If you`ve said that a million times you must catch a ton of fish." I was just dying. I thought my buddy was gonna jump in the lake and swim 4 miles back to shore. I don`t even have to bring that story up, my buddy does.

My buddy in CO trolls for Kokanee salmon and Rainbow trout. When your rods bent in half he'll ask "you going to catch that fish?".

* 8 guys on a fishing trip and came in for lunch.. all sitting around a picinic table and one of the elders says.."When little fish bite you catch little fish, When big fish bite you catch big fish" We all stared untill someone finally said...Can I write that down? tongue.gif

Here is a couple of quotes that I am sure have to rank right up there as the most common with allot of guys.

(A) It's 12:00 O'clock somewhere.

(B) Did we buy that beer to drink or just look at?

While icefishing in a small portable.

Eeewww, no more venison sausage for you!!!

Well, guess you had to be there, but my dad, in a rather philosophic mood during a really long, quiet lull in the fishing, looks at me and says, "Why do they call them outboard motors? They're really engines, you know...".

Now I know where the "Deep Thoughts" deal from Saturday Night Live came from... wink.gif

This is not a fishing quote. I was reading the gas prices discussion and this struck me as funny. So I had to transfer it.

"Hmmm....

I'm no economist - heck, I don't even balance my checkbook!! "

Several yrs ago, my buddy and me parked over some Rockies and caught 189 in 1 1/2 hrs without moving the anchor - that is more than one per minute for a full 90 minutes - "like shooting fish in a barrel". Anyways, I'm gettin' tired so I take a break and my buddy says, "what's the matter - bored?". So then to talk me back into fishing, he says "we may never catch fish like this again in our lives - keep fishing".

Ever since, at that same spot we fish every yr and limit-out on Rockies, and although not as fast and furious as the first year, we do run into some schools that wear me out and I will still take a break - but now I always remind him how wrong he was by saying "we may never catch fish like this again".

While fishing in 90 degree heat in 6 feet of water next to a steep break...my moronic (or is that brilliant?) friend drops his leech right under the boat while I am dutifully, & correctly, casting over the ledge. He immediately hooks a 15" walleye & while bringing it up says,

Him: "Hey, I've never caught a walleye, can I lip it like a bass?"

Me: "No. They have teeth."

Him: "Huh, they don't look so bad."

About five seconds later he had blood running down his hand & all the way to his elbow. To his credit, I've never seen him lip another walleye. grin.gif

After coming in from fishing one day, we started to grill steaks and one of the guys doesn't like his seared on the outside, so after a few cold ones (okay, quite a few) he takes the lid of the grill off, takes the grate off, takes the coals and starts dumping them in and says "Here, let's simmer these boys down a bit". What??? Hmmm....adds new meaning to putting another log on the fire. confused.giftongue.gif

On a Lac Seuel (sp?) trip with my dad and 4 other guys, one night after having again, cold ones, the one guy who has dry cracked hands puts some lotion on his hands and rubs it in. He takes the tube holds it out to my dad asking "Do you want some?" My dad, not really thinking before speaking says "No thanks....I'm trying to quit". We all tore up laughing at him and he finally figured out why. blush.gifgrin.gif

The funniest thing I've read yet....A comment on renting a jetski....

Quote:

I'd like to rent one and give it the finger...I can get the satisfaction without the risk!

My dad always said "Hand me one of those pork chops (a cold one) it's time for breakfast!"

One of my best hunting partners always says:

"If we had some ham we could have some ham and eggs if we had some eggs."

Have a good one and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

When fishing's slow a common one is "There got to be one dumb one down there"

marine_man

From way up in front of the boat

"No No, its a bass, AHHHH, ok maybe you were right, it is a walleye"