Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tim Ellis

Boat access by Carver, MN or Belle Plaine, MN?

6 posts in this topic

Could anyone help with directions to the best accessable boat landing near Carver, MN area? Is this section down to Belle Plaine navigatable with a 16'6" boat with 40 hp? Any help would be appreciated. I think there is some construction and would like to spend time fishing and not driving around.

Boy, the river looked pretty clogged up around the railroad bridge upstream from Carver landing 2 nights ago. I don't know about navigability, but from shore it looked pretty bad. Maybe if you had a riverpro...

I wasn't fishing because I don't know what the heck I'm doing, but I was scoping things out for that day when I decide to give cattin' a shot down there. Have to go pick up some heavy action equipment, a few bullheads, and a 6 pack and head on down there someday. It's walking distance from here.

Anyone been on the river through that stretch lately?

Fished on shore down by the creek in Carver a week ago and we caught a bunch of sheep head, 2 small channels, and a couple of nice 8 lbs. carps. My buddy had a nice fish on but when it jumped out of the water it snapped his line. We are not sure what kind of fish it was, but it broke the line right in the middle of one of those premade line and hook combos.( Not sure what they are called) Anyways, it jump all the way out of the water and it was all white in color. I've never seen one of those hook lines thing break right in the middle of them since they are made from like 20lbs. test. Anyone have any clue on what kind of fish this might of been?

Quote:

Fished on shore down by the creek in Carver a week ago and we caught a bunch of sheep head, 2 small channels, and a couple of nice 8 lbs. carps. My buddy had a nice fish on but when it jumped out of the water it snapped his line. We are not sure what kind of fish it was, but it broke the line right in the middle of one of those premade line and hook combos.( Not sure what they are called) Anyways, it jump all the way out of the water and it was all white in color. I've never seen one of those hook lines thing break right in the middle of them since they are made from like 20lbs. test. Anyone have any clue on what kind of fish this might of been?

Makes me think of a Sturgeon, but I don't think there are any of that kind or of that size to snap a line in the 'sota.

White Bass? Mooneye? Sheepshead? They are all pretty white/silver.

It doesn't take much to snap 20lb line either, especially if it got nicked up or abraded.

albino carp